Help: mp4 video tags - Date and Keywords

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
monty68
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-410, Netgear Stora, PS3, PlayonHD Mini
Help: mp4 video tags - Date and Keywords

Post by monty68 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi All, Iam new to the forum and a new Twonky user.

I have a problem with tagging mp4 video files, I am using the Mp3tag (v2.46a) program which seems to be
setting an incorrect tag for the date/year. i.e. when I view any mp4 file in Twonky the date shows as
1900-01-01 and the year field as 1900 even though the correct date seems to be shown in Mp3tag?

Anyone know which actual mp4 tag Twonky uses for its date/year fields?

Also, anyone know what tag Twonky reads from mp4's for its keyword field?

Thanks In Advance for any help.

monty68
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-410, Netgear Stora, PS3, PlayonHD Mini

Re: Help: mp4 video tags - Date and Keywords

Post by monty68 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I have found out that if you set a full date in the Year tag of an mp4 using the Mp3tag program (i.e. 2009-12-25)
Twonky seems to pick it up correctly so I can now view my videos by date correctly. However there does seem
to be a bug in Twonky for dates that start before 1900 as it shows these incorrectly such 2106 for the year.
Although browsing videos by year through the web browser seems to work OK.

I still cannot figure out which tag (if any) Twonky reads from mp4's for its keyword field.

If anyone is interested I have an updated set of source scripts for Mp3tag to download tags from IMDB
that show up correctly in Twonky.

Let me know and I can post them here.

andrewcalvin
AV Hardware:Apple TV, WD Live Plus, XBMC

Post by andrewcalvin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:02 am

Testing Twonky for the first time since about v2!

The 'select videos by date' function seems broken. Most of my recorded TV appear in the year 1900. A few, but not all, podcasts appear in the correct year and month.

What is Twonky using as the relevant date?

Getting this right is a dealbreaker for me + Twonky.
Edit: Seems like the year tag is the only answer, and that's not viable for tv recordings. Back to XBMC & file shares for me!

edrikk

Post by edrikk » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 pm

andrewcalvin wrote:Testing Twonky for the first time since about v2!

The 'select videos by date' function seems broken. Most of my recorded TV appear in the year 1900. A few, but not all, podcasts appear in the correct year and month.

What is Twonky using as the relevant date?

Getting this right is a dealbreaker for me + Twonky.
Edit: Seems like the year tag is the only answer, and that's not viable for tv recordings. Back to XBMC & file shares for me!
First off, the proper tag for Dates IS the "year" tag. At least within MP4 files.
For AVI files, Twonky uses the file date (not positive if it's creation or modification... haven't paid close attention).

Given that "year" is the date tag as defined by the STANDARDS, I think you and Twonky will never "get together", as there isn't much for Twonky to get more correct. (For this tag... Other stuff, there are many things they can get right... We have asked several times for Twonky to tell us which tags map to which Twonky attribute for example... And yet nothing...).

As for the MP3Tag script for IMDB, I'm not sure if it was my script that was being refered to or not, but if you are interested, I posted the scripts, and a fairly lengthy description of how to use them here:

http://www.danhinsley.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=3&t=161