Videos won't play in media browser / DRM unavailable

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Penumbra
AV Hardware:Stuff
Videos won't play in media browser / DRM unavailable

Post by Penumbra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Greetings gentlepersons.

I've installed the Twonky server v5.1.3 on Windows XP and Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) and am getting the exact same results.

The server starts up, the config page is accessible (except for media feeds, which just sits there), and if I click "Media Browser" - I see the videos I want to serve up.

Clicking ANY of these videos results in a black "Waiting For Video" message, and nothing happens.

If I attempt to connect to the generated URL using WMP directly, I receive an error message that my sound card isn't working. This message is incorrect, and is just another example of bad M$ error messages.

If I take the generated URL and pass it into VLC, the video streams and all is well - but I MUST have streaming available to WMP.

On a separate note, the DRM check says n/a, yet I've upgraded to WMP 11, and installed the VC++ 2005 redist as directed. I'll dig the forums more on that when/if I ever care to get DRM working unless it's related to this problem I'm having (though it's the SAME problem on Win XP as Ubuntu 9.10 - so I'm doubtful.)

HELP.

Please...

Pen.