TMS 5.1.1. WHS & 5.1.3 Windows Version

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
prmusic
TMS 5.1.1. WHS & 5.1.3 Windows Version

Post by prmusic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi All.

I got problems with the Media DB to be created on both versions named above. Here is what I did.
I have a WHS and had the plugin for the TMS 5.1.1 installed. It worked without a problem. I started to
work with custome views and was able to create the views I wanted to have.
After a few days I realized that new files haven't been shown correctly in the views. The have been shown under
wrong folder in the view (shown in a different folder as they were physically stored on the server).
First I started a rescan to see if this will fix the issue. After that I did a DB rebuild to fix it.
The interesting thing is that the 'Music' (approx. 23000 files) and 'Picture' (approx. 14000 files) folder was scanned correctly but the scan of the 'Video' folder is freezing with the first sub folder. No Video files is detected and the scan seems to be frozen. There are just 1250 Video files - can't imagine that this will take hours to scan.
I unistalled the 5.1.1 WHS plugin and tried the 5.1.3 Windoes version. However same result.
As a last try I uninstalled 5.1.3 again and installed 4.4.18 which worked without a problem. All files and folder are scanned correctly.
I was checking if after the uninstall there might be corrupted files or registry entries still on the machine which causes reinstallation to be corrupt as well (for scanning the Video folders...) but didn't found anything.

Any suggestion?

As the problem start to occur after I have edited the custom views I assume that the problem is linked to this but don't know why an uninstall and reinstall would not fix the issue.

I checked my event log and found Side by Side errors for Twonky:
Generate Activation Context ist für C:\Programme\TwonkyMedia\wmdrmdll.dll fehlgeschlagen. Referenzfehlermeldung: Die referenzierte Assemblierung ist nicht auf dem Computer installiert.

Looks like that this .dll failed...
Maybe this causes the issue but I haven't DRM material stored.

prmusic

S:
Looks like that this is the same problem:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 96&p=27371

prmusic

Re: TMS 5.1.1. WHS & 5.1.3 Windows Version

Post by prmusic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 am

Hi,

after doing another reinstall - this time with TMS 5.1.2 for WHS the database was created correctly. However Pictures and Music were scanned relative fast while the Videos took a long time. Even during the scan it didn't showed the number of files detected.
The problem seems to be with the standard windows version on a WHS because of the DRM handling. The standard windows version includes a file wmdrmdll.dll which cannot be registered correctly under WHS maybe because the windows media player is not installed on WHS and there seems to be no DRM support.
I have seen that in the past there have been Twonky Versions with and without DRM support...

prmusic