5.1.3 Upgrade Issue

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
yorkshirebeef
AV Hardware:Fujitsu Server running Suse Linux 10.1 and TwonkyMedia Server 5. Clients are a couple of revo internet radios (pico and domino) and a PS3
5.1.3 Upgrade Issue

Post by yorkshirebeef » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me with this one. I've logged it with support this morning but i suspect it won't get read until Monday so thought i'd give the forum a try...

I upgraded to version 5.1.3 under linux last night (from 5.0.61 which worked perfectly). The upgrade method I used was running the twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5-5.1.3.sh script after stopping the twonkymedia server using the init.d script. Unfortunately its stopped working - basically it takes ages for the web config page to be available and it wont share anything, ie its browsable on the network from one of the clients but there's no media available. I've turned on logging and not really seeing any errors other than during startup I see:

12:25:12:863 socket connect failed ip=127.0.0.1:9030 errno=111

12:25:12:863 [Error] - LOG_HTTP: HTTP_open: Failed to connect to ip=127.0.0.1 on port=9030

When I eventually do get into the gui the server status shows:

Last database change: In Progress
[-/var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-music]...
Music tracks: 0
Photos: 0
Videos: 0

Will a fresh install help? If it will what do i need to do? Remove /usr/local/twonkymedia and /var/twonkymedia? I'm probably missing something but upgrades don't seem to be covered by the install guide so I thought i'd try using the script so that i could keep my settings.

Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mark

yorkshirebeef
AV Hardware:Fujitsu Server running Suse Linux 10.1 and TwonkyMedia Server 5. Clients are a couple of revo internet radios (pico and domino) and a PS3

Re: 5.1.3 Upgrade Issue

Post by yorkshirebeef » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:02 pm

I've done some more digging and there is a load of .wpl files in /var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-music, ie

ls -l twonkymedia-server-uploaded-music/*.wpl | wc -l

goliath:/var/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server-uploaded-music # cat 214211.wpl
<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
<meta name="Generator" content="TwonkyMedia"/>
<meta name="IsNetworkFeed" content="0"/>
<meta name="IsUserGenerated" content="0"/>
<title>Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends</title>
<meta name="Type" content="M"/>
</head>
<body>
<seq>
</seq>
</body>
</smil>

What are they? I've also noticed that twonkymediaserver is using 100% cpu. I've not created these files so I'm guessing it has but i'm not sure why or what its doing to them?

Any ideas?

misterwrong
AV Hardware:Intel Atom based NAS
Ubuntu Server 9.04
TMS 5.1.3
CPU Atom 330 @ 1.60GHz 4 cores
D945GCLF2D mobo
2GB DDR2
2 x 1TB HDD

Post by misterwrong » Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm

I just had the same issue when I upgraded to 5.1.3

I found this thread helpful: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7376

The key piece that worked for me was this:

1) shutdown the server
2) remove/move the /var/twonkymedia folder
3) start the server

Hope that helps and thanks to jomom for this tip.

yorkshirebeef

Post by yorkshirebeef » Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks. Ended up sorted it by moving /usr/local/twonkymedia and /var/twonkymedia and clean installing 5.1.4, bit of a pain as I had to reinput my license key and contend dirs but it worked. Next time i'll try this better simpler method :-)

Its kinda annoying that the documentation for TwonkyServer is annoyingly light and in fact the install guide has no mention of upgrades which is again annoying.

Thanks again...