Eset Smart Security blocking .mkv (high definition) files

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
optek
AV Hardware:Windows 7 x64; Lacie Lacinema Classic HD;
Eset Smart Security blocking .mkv (high definition) files

Post by optek » Mon May 03, 2010 12:54 pm

I`m using Windows 7 (x64), I have the Lacie Lacinema Classic HD media player (1TB) connected to a hard-wired ethernet connection and I`m using Tonky Media Server v5.1.3

I have been able to stream high definition .avi files without any issues at all.

Yesterday, was the first time I attempted to stream a high definition .mkv file. The result was (after displaying the netwok files and selecting the said file) a blank TV screen. After switching the Lacie off and runing back up the stairs to the PC, I discovered the Lacinema_HD icon gone from Windows7.

Switched PC off and back on again..... still no icon. Applied a system restore to a few hours back and the icon appears again. Tried one more time and the same thing happened again.

I then turned the firewall off in ESET SMART SECURITY and still nothing, so I uninstalled ESET completely and it reappears.
At this point with no ESET installed I attemp to play the file again and it plays fine without any problems. So the conclusion is ESET DOESN`T LIKE .MKV FILES - BUT IT LIKES .AVI FILES.
I then reinstall ESET and decide to investigate further.... looking at the firewall log in my AV softwrare, on trying to play a .mkv file, I notice the log:
DETECTED TCP FLOODING ATTACK 192.168.2.3.4497
DETECTED TCP FLOODING ATTACK 192.168.2.3.4105
DETECTED TCP FLOODING ATTACK 192.168.2.3.48547

Not really sure how this forum may be able to help me, I have contacted ESET over the issue..... I just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems with playing high definition .mkv files?

Thanks in advance.