adding own radio stations, greyed out config-options, etc

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
elgarfo
AV Hardware:Xbox360
adding own radio stations, greyed out config-options, etc

Post by elgarfo » Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 pm

hello,

i likes twonky media server. now having said this first, i want to point out some problems, and i hope someine has a solution for me as i am really planning to buy this software.

i want to add my own internet radio streams to the list (e.g. the stream from techno4ever.net).
i tried to configure the default feeds, but found no option in configuring that any further than deselecting or selecting some music genres.
i tried saving my favourite stations to a m3u playlist, but twonky just ignores its contents.

another question i have is about plugins, does twonky support plugins, is there a site where i can get plugins, and is anywhere a SDK for the plugin-interface?

next is transcoding:
on the settings interface in twonky media manager i have no options in configuring transcoding at all...
on the web interface (localhost:9000) i can only check "jpeg" but no transcoding for music or video.

another questin regarding transcoding is, from what froamts to what other formats can be transcoded? or can twonky transcode about anything?

greetings
garfield