extend navigation tree

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
fblue
AV Hardware:Zyxel DMA 1000
extend navigation tree

Post by fblue » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

OK, i will extend the advanced navigation tree. My problem is the following.

1. I have extend the advanced.view.xml
2. I have extend the view-definitions.xml

I think that's all. When TMS starts i get an error
error in view definitions file. ID not found in index table
and i don't see the new entries.
Here that what i want. but i'am not sure all is ok. I can not find any documantion about the classes for the xml file.

<container name='byyear' id='music/year' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container' >
<container buildon='pv:year' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.album.musicAlbum' />
</container>
<container name='bydate' id='music/date' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container' >
<container buildon='pv:year' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.album.musicAlbum' >
<container buildon='pv:month' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.album.musicAlbum' />
</container>
</container>

when i remark my entries in view-definitions.xml TMS starts without errors.

That's the changes from me. I have no idea what's wrong by the container. Maybe the Class but i don't know what the right is.
I will also entries date and year inside music.

I hope anybody can help me what's wrong by the new entries.

Thanks
Frank

edrikk

Re: extend navigation tree

Post by edrikk » Thu May 06, 2010 4:28 pm

First thing... you should be using "groupid" not "id" for your custom additions...
change that and try again, see if it works.

fblue
AV Hardware:Zyxel DMA 1000

Post by fblue » Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 pm

edrikk wrote:First thing... you should be using "groupid" not "id" for your custom additions...
change that and try again, see if it works.
Thanky for your answer. I have changed id to groupid but the only think i get no error in the log. The new Nav entry is not there.
I don't understand why i must change from id to groupid. I have copied the new entry from video and there is id. I have also looked to all container where is the groupid. Only by onlineservice is the groupid.
where is the difference between id and groupid.
have you another idea why i can't see the new entrys.

frank

edrikk

Post by edrikk » Mon May 10, 2010 10:42 pm

As to answer your "why do I need to" question, well, it's because that's the rules that the developer's created.

Follow the rules as documented in the Spec Doc here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... =50#p27476

Also, why are you extending the Advanced view? Why don't you just copy it, renamed it, and modify as you see fit (even if it is simply to extend)?