PS3 Sees Twonky Server and files, but won't play or copy

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
idburns
AV Hardware:PS3
PS3 Sees Twonky Server and files, but won't play or copy

Post by idburns » Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Initially I was using v5.1.2 of the TwonkyMedia Server add-in for WHS and I was able to watch movies or copy them to my PS3 for local viewing.

The free trial expired so I bought a manager license to continue using the product but now my PS3 will not copy or play the videos. If I try to stream I just get a black screen and if I try to copy the files locally the progress bar sits at 0%. I upgraded to v5.1.4 of the WHS add-in and it hasn't helped.

PS3 is on a wired 100MB network with a fixed IP address (like everything on my network).

Any clue what is going on?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: PS3 Sees Twonky Server and files, but won't play or copy

Post by mgillespie » Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Doesn't sound like a PS3 problem, more a network or problem with the WHS build.

Unfortunately I have no idea of anything WHS, Moving this to the main Twonky Server forum, where people may be able to help more.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

idburns
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: PS3 Sees Twonky Server and files, but won't play or copy

Post by idburns » Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 am

Hmm, I don't have any issues streaming to my Win7 desktop from the WHS.