Navigation in a music library with a Philips NP1100

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Timores
AV Hardware:Philipps NP1100
Navigation in a music library with a Philips NP1100

Post by Timores » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:49 am

Hi,

I have ripped all my CDs and they are shared on a PC server. My goal is to be able to listen to tracks from the Philipps NP1100. So far, so good. The NP1100 and my server can communicate and I can see all the 8000+ tracks.

My problem is with navigation. I'd like the NP1100 to let me browse the collection by album/artists and search by album or artists. Using Windows Home Server, the navigation is completely flat, i.e. I can go from the frist track to the next one without any hierarchy. Unusable.

I installed Twonky Meida Server, showed it the drive where the music is stored. From the Web browser, I can see the albums, artists, music types, genre, etc. Fine. And the NP1100 shows me 11 items in this first level of hierarchy (Album, all tracks, artists, artist index, by folder, etc.). But the problem is that selecting any of these items shows a small list of about 10 songs, instead of a list of artists or albums or music genres.

Am I assuming wrongly that TMS should help me in the navigation, or is it a limitation of the trial version ? Or is it a problem with the NP1100 ?

I hope my question is not too stupid, but I could not find anything similar on the forum.