This key is already in use by another instance of the server

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vonedaddy
AV Hardware:PS3
This key is already in use by another instance of the server

Post by vonedaddy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 pm

I had a issue with my box and had to reinstall the OS and twonky. Now my PS3 can not see any of the stuff in my server. I am guessing its because I am getting the following error on my server status page:

This key is already in use by another instance of the server.

I sent a question directly to twonky for support over 5 days ago and have not heard anything back. Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Re: This key is already in use by another instance of the server

Post by DaemonBeetle » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 am

I've never seen that, could it be that you have another copy of Twonky running on your network, using the same key?
No longer running Twonky

walshchristopherj

Post by walshchristopherj » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 pm

This happened to me. I am currently using a 4.x license on a NAS and a 5/6 license on a Windows machine. After a couple times reinstalling, that error message came up for me. When I contacted Twonky for support, the accounting team responded and reset the registrations for both my licenses. Hope this helps.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:40 am

vonedaddy wrote:I had a issue with my box and had to reinstall the OS and twonky. Now my PS3 can not see any of the stuff in my server. I am guessing its because I am getting the following error on my server status page:

This key is already in use by another instance of the server.

I sent a question directly to twonky for support over 5 days ago and have not heard anything back. Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?
Sorry for the delay. If you send me the e-mail that you used to purchase your server, I can have your license key reset. In most cases, that solves the problem. Send it to me at tmm-beta@pv.com.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/