Twonky Server 6 Linux - PS3

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vonedaddy
AV Hardware:PS3
Twonky Server 6 Linux - PS3

Post by vonedaddy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 pm

I am running Twonky Server 6 on my linux box and all is well. The only problem I am seeing is that I have to scan for the media server everytime I start my PS3. When I had the old version installed it was just be there. It finds it everytime I scan and I am able to play movies, etc...

But why do I have to scan everytime? anyone have any ideas??

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: Twonky Server 6 Linux - PS3

Post by PeeBee » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Is your server keeping its settings when shutdown/restarted? Also have you got your media receivers set to be added automatically, and is the PS3 recognised correctly?

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

vonedaddy

Post by vonedaddy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Yes to all of the above...

The server keeps all of its settings when restarted or the box being rebooted.

Also I do have it set to allow receivers automatically and the PS3 is listed in the allowed receivers list.

This is really annoying and I can not get a response from support after two emails over two weeks. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

vonedaddy

Post by vonedaddy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:51 am

ok so I have been playing around and I realize now that the server does not show when my drive is spun down. When the drive is active the server shows automatically via the PS3.

Any ideas why this is? Maybe a bug in v6?

edrikk

Post by edrikk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Yup.... Same thing here... Mine being on a QNap device (Linux, ARM based).
If the disks are spun down, the server doesn't show up.... Although, Twonky "sees" the PS3 and seems to spin-up the disks to get going... That can take some time however... :/

vonedaddy

Post by vonedaddy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 pm

edrikk wrote:Yup.... Same thing here... Mine being on a QNap device (Linux, ARM based).
If the disks are spun down, the server doesn't show up.... Although, Twonky "sees" the PS3 and seems to spin-up the disks to get going... That can take some time however... :/
I am glad to hear I am not the only one. Also this is new behavior for me with server v6. With the older versions I have had this was not an issue.

I have tried contacting support but they never seem to answer any of my emails. Have you ever heard of any fixes?