"Virtual Servers"?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
b_nutzer
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation as UPnP server. Onkyo TX-NR 905 AV Receiver with DLNA player. Xstreamer. IPidio Internet Radio. Panasonic TV, Hitachi beamer.
"Virtual Servers"?

Post by b_nutzer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi,

my music collection (for which I am using TwonkyServer) consists of a small number of different "types" of music; I have split my "standard" music, classic music, jazz, and child music, etc.

At this time, I am using TwonkyServer 4, but would be willing to upgrade to TwonkyServer 6. I am running the software on a Buffalo Linkstation NAS.

What I am missing is a possibility to provide unique subtrees, each of them presenting the "advanced view" of the contents of a (set of) dedicated directories, i.e. have e.g. the Artist Index view (which I use most of the time) for the standard music, and an identical view for the child music section -- similar to "virtual servers" of a web server that serve different document roots.

Is there any possibility to accomplish such a thing -- either with TwonkyServer 4, or with TwonkyServer 6?

Running the software multiple times on the same machine is not possible at least with version 6, right?

Thx
B. Nutzer