Correct name for .INI file

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA
Correct name for .INI file

Post by john.glasson » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm puzzled by the naming of the mediaserver .INI file. Though the default supplied is always called "twonkymedia-server-default.ini", once the user modifies a server setting and saves the results, the new file created by Twonky seems to be named inconsistently: in versions 5.1.3 (which I've used until recently) it's called "twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini"; but in 6.0.9 (which I'm now trialling) it's named "twonkymedia-server.ini".

Is this intentional? "twonkymedia-server.ini" seems the more logical name since the default is called "twonkymedia-server-default.ini"

John Glasson

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Correct name for .INI file

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 pm

I can see why this might be confusing, but these changes were planned as part of branding changes on the 6.0.x release.

It's going to change once more when TwonkyServer 6.1 is launched. At that time it will be called "twonky-server.ini". Let's hope that is the last change.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/