Video: How can I add custom UPnP properties and album Art?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Brian
AV Hardware:Moxi, Win7 PC
Video: How can I add custom UPnP properties and album Art?

Post by Brian » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Greetings,

Does anyone know if it's possible to add the following UPnP properties to video items? Especially the rating property.

<upnp:rating type="MPAA.ORG">PG-13</upnp:rating>
<dc:title>Some title</dc:title>
<dc:description>Some description</dc:description>

Also, how do you add DVD cover art? I've tried abcAVI (only works with AVI and won't work with large files) and Mp3Tag (won't work with MKV or large files).

Thanks

edrikk

Re: Video: How can I add custom UPnP properties and album Art?

Post by edrikk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Brian wrote:Greetings,

Does anyone know if it's possible to add the following UPnP properties to video items? Especially the rating property.

<upnp:rating type="MPAA.ORG">PG-13</upnp:rating>
<dc:title>Some title</dc:title>
<dc:description>Some description</dc:description>

Also, how do you add DVD cover art? I've tried abcAVI (only works with AVI and won't work with large files) and Mp3Tag (won't work with MKV or large files).

Thanks

I would love it if Twonky could do that... :/

I don't know why TMS doesn't just use either "comment", "©lyr", or "ldes" tags for the description?

PS. For Twonky developers... If you want ot send rating type, the most common field (for MP4 files) is iTunEXTC... It's format is:

standard|rating|score|reasons

For example:
mpaa|PG-13|300|For violence and sexuality.

You should just take the value between the first pipe ("|") and the second pipe to use this...

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:41 pm

1. I'll forward your comments about rating to our developers.
2. As far as adding DVD cover art, you just drag and drop a JPG into the same folder as your movies. As long as the image has exactly the same name as the movie, it should appear as a thumbnail. Keep in mind that it's possible that not all devices display video thumbnails. As far as getting the thumbnails. I just do a Google Image search and most of the time I find what I'm looking for. Don't worry about the image size. We scale the images on the fly. I've tried several screen capture programs, but haven't found a really good free one yet. Microsoft's Expression Encoder does work O.K. for the formats it supports.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Bumpaneer
AV Hardware:D-Link 323

Post by Bumpaneer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:Don't worry about the image size. We scale the images on the fly.
Is it possible to adjust the scaling? Images that used to look good in 5.1 on my xbox 360, now look very fuzzy in 6.0.1.

RicoUK
AV Hardware:PC - Quad core 4G RAM Windows 7 x64, 2TB HDD
Xbox 360

Post by RicoUK » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:32 pm

For images, I have a folder.jpg in the same folder as the movie file and the Xbox displays that correctly. Although, I have to say some of the scaling is a little crude

JasonB
AV Hardware:DNS-323, PS3, Windows 7.

Post by JasonB » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Rick said (sorry, the quote function wasn't working for me):
----------------------------------
As far as adding DVD cover art, you just drag and drop a JPG into the same folder as your movies. As long as the image has exactly the same name as the movie, it should appear as a thumbnail.
----------------------------------

Sure would be cool if TwonkyServer could use ffmpeg or something to extract a frame a reasonable distance into the media as jpg, cache it on the file system, and use as the video thumbnail when one doesn't exist. Maybe it already does this, or maybe the functionality isn't compiled into the DNS-323 build, but I'm not seeing video thumbnails on my PS3.

I'll try to set this up as an external script tonight and see what happens; if it works, worst case I set up a cron job that does it for me :)