Persisting Media Client Settings

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mjervis
AV Hardware:MSS, Samsung Series 6
Persisting Media Client Settings

Post by mjervis » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:07 am

Hi,

I've just upgraded my WD MyBook World Edition (Whtie Light) to Twonky 6.0.1 from 5.x which I followed these instructions to do:
http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t- ... led-twonky

And resulted in me having to buy a licence as it wasn't picking up the bundledness anymore.

No big deal.

I did the upgrades because I have a Samsung internet enabled HDTV, and it was refusing to play MKV or fast forward/rewind and I needed to add the HDTV entry to clients.db:

>>
NA:Samsung HDTV
DD:Samsung HDTV
DB:Fix
XM:DNLA15
XM:DATETIME
XM:FORCE_DURATION
XM:FORCE_4TH_FIELD
HP:chunked
MT:mkv video/MP4V-ES
MT:avi,divx video/x-divx
MT:mp4 video/MP4V-ES
MT:mpeg,mpeg2,vdr,spts,tp,ts,avi,divx,mkv video/mpeg
MT:m4a audio/mp4
AV:no-m3u

Now, I can see my HDTV in the Media Receivers list, and override it's default of Samsung TV to be Samsung HDTV just fine. And then I can stream MKV and I can fast forward and rewind.

Except.

Periodically (and I suspect when I reboot the NAS, but haven't confirmed) the TV switches back to Samsung TV. And MKV and forward/rewind stop working.

Which is fine if I'm at home because I can deal with the niggle of logging into admin and resetting, but when I'm at work and the family are using it, it's too hard for them to do.

Any suggestions if and how to fix this?

Do the settings get written to a file or something? Which file? Then I can check the file and check it's writeable and stuff.

Anything else I can check?

Cheers,

Mike