Recently added album/artist

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
fredme
AV Hardware:Logik IR100
Bubba Server
Recently added album/artist

Post by fredme » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi

Just tried 6.01 on my Bubba and it seems to be working fine. However, one feature I really would like to see is a recently added album and artist view rather than just a long list of recently added tracks. I have seen previous requests for this feature on this forum and I have looked into producing a custom navigation but it was way too complicated for me. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

edrikk

Re: Recently added album/artist

Post by edrikk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:49 pm

I don't believe you can do it in that specific order (recently added, then folder drill-down)...
The other direction is definitly possible, and I use it... For example, in the below, you would first select Genre, and then within that Genre, you'll see recently added:

Code: Select all

<container name='Genre / Year' groupid='video/EDYearOfGenre' upnp:originalTrackNumber='3' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container'>
                                <container buildon='upnp:genre' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container'>
                                    <container buildon='pv:year[1:4]'  albumart='1' sortcriteria='+upnp:album,+upnp:originalTrackNumber' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container'/>
                                </container>
                            </container>

fredme
Bubba Server

Post by fredme » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Am I correct that I will need to rescan my entire collection after making the change?

That is another thing that I miss from v4, in thatin v4 you could change the navigation tree on the fly.

edrikk

Post by edrikk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 pm

fredme wrote:Thanks. I'll give it a go. Am I correct that I will need to rescan my entire collection after making the change?

That is another thing that I miss from v4, in thatin v4 you could change the navigation tree on the fly.

Not just rescan, but rather rebuild database..
FYI, you can still do that "change tree on the fly" item in v5/6 as well...

The reason you need to rebuild the database is because you are changing the WAY the tree information is built on the scan as compared to before adding those lines (basically when you change the view-definitions.xml file). HOWEVER, when you change views (for example advanced, basic, etc), you will NOT need to rebuild or re-scan anything...

fredme
Bubba Server

Post by fredme » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks