Cannot access videos from Mac/Sony BDP

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
howard687
AV Hardware:Mitsubishi C965 HDTV
Sony BDP S570 Blu Ray
Denon AVR 1905 AV Receiver
Directv Hr-20 DVR receiver
Cannot access videos from Mac/Sony BDP

Post by howard687 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 am

First, I need to confess that I am quite new to DLNA interoperability. But I have a DLNA-enabled Sony BDP and installed TwonkyServer on my Mac OX 10.6.4 system. I have configured the TS sharing and the TS sees the BDP and vice versa. The short description of my question/issue is that I can, viewing the BDP on my HDTV, navigate successfully to photos but not to videos. I continue to get a message, when trying to access videos, displayed on my HDTV that says "no playable files". Note: The TS Media Browser sees and plays the video just fine. And I have proven that the BDP can play the video because I have copied the video to a USB drive and the BDP can play that instance of the video.

The video media format I am sharing is .mpg which, as I understand it, should be supported by DLNA compatible devices. I have spent many days composing messages and replies to Twonky Support to no avail. They are, unconditionally, the worst support team I have ever encountered (should be a forum topic in its own right). So I am here hoping that the collective forum expertise can suggest what I might be dong wrong or what else I might try to get this to work. I can provide screen shots (which I did for Twonky support), etc.

thanks