help getting twonkyserver working with my WD my book world

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
BBE
AV Hardware:my book world

WD TV live
help getting twonkyserver working with my WD my book world

Post by BBE » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:07 am

I have a 2TB my book world edition. And I have a WD tv live, and currently I am able to stream things by using the network share function, but cannot make twonky work as the media server on this device and stream to my wd tv live.

Basically I just wanna take the shared folder that I have all my movies in now, and put it on the twonkyserver so I can use the "media server" streaming option on my wd tv live.

I go in to the twonkyserver settings menu, and I get the screen where it lists the folders you can share, and it already comes with /sharedvideos, /sharedpictures, etc... But i DON'T HAVE those folders on my mybook world, nor do I think I EVER have. I have 4 folders on it, "configuration" "download" "public" and "BBmEdia" The last obviously being the one I have set up as a network share. So I try just adding the name of that folder into twonkyserver, and set it up as "all content" and check the box, restart the server. But to no avail, it always comes up as empty on anything I try and stream it on.

Am I doing something wrong here?

john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

Re: help getting twonkyserver working with my WD my book world

Post by john.glasson » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm

What version of Twonky are you using - are you running the version that WD bundles with the MBWE (at the top of the Twonkymedia server status page, it shows version number)?

The WD sets up default media shares in the 'Public' area: default names are 'Shared Videos', 'Shared Music' etc. On the Twonky 'sharing' setup page, if you click on 'browse' you can select these by navigating to 'shares/public/Shared Video' etc. I've not tried putting my media files anywhere else other than these default directories.

Hope this helps.

John Glasson