Content Ratings

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mjervis
AV Hardware:MSS, Samsung Series 6
Content Ratings

Post by mjervis » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi,

I have a western digital Mybook world edition hacked to install an updated TwonkyServer 6 (purchased a licence for this) which I use to stream to a samsung tv, two xbox 360s and an XBMC hacked Xbox classic.

The 2nd Xbox is new and is for a kids room, I'd like to enable blocking of Unrated Content and prevent my sons Xbox from playing the grown up films on the NAS.

Is there anyway to get Twonky to provide content ratings for media files shared over UPNP so that the 360 will respect them?

I have a lot of AVIs sitting there. I would ASSUME that I need to add some meta data to the AVI files to set the rating and it all would just flow through, IF UPNP/AVI supports setting content ratings?

Failing that, is there anyway I can block the /Movies share from his device?

I only want him to have access to /Music /Kids_TV and /Kids_Movies but not /Movies (can't be dealing with the reprecussions of him accidentally watching a horror movie instead of a disney movie, he can't read yet!)

Thanks,

Mike

waiff
AV Hardware:Samsung le46c650

Re: Content Ratings

Post by waiff » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi,

could you please describe how to hack WD Mybook World II to install twonky server 6? Can I only do it with Linux, or is W7 ok? Does it now play MKV files on your samsung tv and can you also show subtitles? I am desperate, bought a new TV and cant play a single HD movie or show subtitles :(

I would appreciate your help very much!!

Thanks
Petr

mjervis
AV Hardware:MSS, Samsung Series 6

Post by mjervis » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 am

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Post by DaemonBeetle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

There is a feature request in for parental controls. You may want to add your voice to that thread.
No longer running Twonky