No MPEG-2 Videos on Sony BRAVIA TV visible

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
BuechlerC
AV Hardware:Sony BRAVIA TV, Twonky Server 6.0.30
No MPEG-2 Videos on Sony BRAVIA TV visible

Post by BuechlerC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello,
I have installed the Twonky Server 6.0.30 (Trail Version) on my windows pc. The WMP 11 is installed also.
All this is only a testenvironment. I have paned a ONAP NAS in the future.
For the test I have some videos in MPEG-2 formats, transport stream (.ts) and program stream (.mpg). All videos are recorded by terratec home cinema over DVB-C.
The .ts videos are visible on the TV, but the .mpg videos not when the server is Twonky. The .mpg videos I can't see on my TV (list is empty).
When I choose the WMP 11, the .mpg videos are visible.
It is a problem with the trail version or?
Best regards
Christian

mohpet
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109 II PRO
Sony KDL-40NX700
Squeezebox Duet
Squeezebox Radio

Re: No MPEG-2 Videos on Sony BRAVIA TV visible

Post by mohpet » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 am

I've finally made this work - thanks to Sog DVD Ripper. This program makes MPEG2 files in just the way the Sony likes. Other (random) ripping programs all failed to work for my TV. I truly recommend this DVD ripping device.

BUT: Album art/images for the video films do not display anywhere, I've tried to name them the same as the movies, eg "Superman.jpg" for the movie "Superman.mpg". Any thoughts or is this a flaw either against Sony or with the Sony TV itself?

Peter

BuechlerC
AV Hardware:Sony BRAVIA TV, Twonky Server 6.0.30

Re: No MPEG-2 Videos on Sony BRAVIA TV visible

Post by BuechlerC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello Peter,

thanks for the answer. I believe the problem is the order of the video and audio stream in the mpg file.
In all recorded files I have the following order:
stream 0 is audio and stream 1 is video (find out with vlc codec information)
Now I have build a other video from a dvd. The output file is also mpeg2. This file had the following codec information:
stream 0 is video and stream 1 is audio. Both files have the same codec information for video and audio, only the order is different.
WMP 11 has not a problem with both files. I can visit the files over WMP 11 server on the Bravia TV.
When I use the Twonky server, then I can visit only the mpg file from the dvd on the Bravia TV. The other file will not display in the folder by the client (Bravia TV).
Best regards
Christian