Bogus entries in "Genre" tag ?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
w8rn8r
Bogus entries in "Genre" tag ?

Post by w8rn8r » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Hardware: Buffalo LinkStation Mini
Twonky Server Version: 4.4.4 (btw - I own a few licenses of various versions; what are the conditions for upgrading to the latest ?)
Clients: several Terratec NOXON, mostly iRadio Cube

I'm doing some navigation tree testing with the IE browser, and I'm using the mp3tag utility to verify the tags in the files.

I'm seeing two bogus entries in the navigation tree for the "Genre" tag:

1) "A Capella" is used as-is for some titles, and translated to "Acapella" for some others.
2) For one CD / folder, all "Genre" entries are replaced by "Darkwave".

Any suggestions for what to do about this ?

Thanks,
Werner

w8rn8r

Re: Bogus entries in "Genre" tag ?

Post by w8rn8r » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:36 am

Following up after some more experimentation:

1) After re-writing all "A Capella" tags and hence making sure they don't just LOOK the same in mp3tag, but actually ARE all set to the very same value, that problem went away. So, that problem might have been caused by mp3tg doing some formatting when presenting tags. Twonky might have contributed some - not sure about that though.

2) That bogus "Darkwave" tag went away after I modified a "50s" tag to say "Pop, 50s" instead (not sure the term "Pop" existed at that time - but anyway :) ). Seems like this could be a variant of the "number or text" interpretation issue. And it does look a bit like a small bug in Twonky to me - at least wrt/ to the mapping to "Darkwave". Who knows, the developer might have decided to use "Darkwave" as a way to say "not sure what this is" ... :?: