Make Twonky only look at certain dirs for Music, etc

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bound4h
AV Hardware:PS3
D-LINK DNS-323 (NAS)
Macbook Pro, OSX
Make Twonky only look at certain dirs for Music, etc

Post by bound4h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:33 pm

How can I tell Twonky that my Pictures are here, Videos are here, etc.

All I have found is a root content dir (/mnt/HD_a2/Media), but I have subfolders for each type of media (/mnt/HD_a2/Media/Music, /Pictures, /Movies).

I am using a DNS-323 (NAS) build of version 6.0.23. What's happening is, I have some music videos in the Music folder that I don't want included in the Videos dir of Twonky. And I have some pictures as well in the Music folder (album art, etc) that I don't want coming up in the Pictures dir of Twonky. Can I just say, look here for Pictures, look here for Videos, etc?

I could not find a variable for that in the twonkymedia-server-config.ini and twonkymedia-config.ini.

Is this possible?

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: Make Twonky only look at certain dirs for Music, etc

Post by PeeBee » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Open the Twonky config page in your browser and go to the Sharing page - there you can set up your folders and decide what you want to scan them for; Music, Photos, Videos or all media.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)