Composer not supported?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Metro
AV Hardware:QNAP 439 Pro
Composer not supported?

Post by Metro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello.

Twonky seems to ignore the Composer in ALAC-Files. It's working with MP3-Files. What can I do? I need the field composer for my classical music.

QNAP is delivering Twonky 4.4.17 in a QPKG-Package.

Best Regards...

john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

Re: Composer not supported?

Post by john.glasson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 pm

I think that Twonky's handling of tags depends on the Container type. ALAC files are I believe stored in an m4a container, same as AAC files. Twonky's handling of m4a tags is incomplete - see my post "Twonky Server Tags" at http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 21&start=0

Rick: same old issue - we need documentation on which tags in which container formats get evaluated for the Server database; and we do need the main, frequently-used tags/frames to be evalauted across the main container types.

regards,

Metro

Post by Metro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi John,

yes, you're right. ALAC is stored in M4a-files. Is there any possibility to fix this bug by myself (e.g. editing some xml-files...)?

Best Regards...

john.glasson
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

Post by john.glasson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 am

I don't believe so - I've looked in vain for an xml file that holds the tag--->database mapping but can't find anything. I think it's hard coded into the executable (though this does seem rather surprising - maybe it's held in the database itself).

If you find any further information on this do let us all know.

regards,

Metro

Post by Metro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am

Too bad! It's really a bug in my eyes. Does the twonky-guys know about?

john.glasson

Post by john.glasson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:56 am

Since posting my last: I've looked in the database files but can't find anything that looks like tag/database mapping.

Yes, I agree that it's a bug. The product manager (Rick) should be aware of it since there's been a lot of discussion on the forum, but I'm unsure how much attention the forum gets. I fear that classical music users may be in a minority and that the importance of 'composer' isn't appreciated by the Twonky team.

Would be worth your raising a bug report.

John

Metro

Post by Metro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 am

Where can I raise a bugreport? via "sending a question?" at twonkymedia.com?