No Server Name selectable on Denon AVP-A1HDCI input

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
rlm
AV Hardware:Mac G5 PPC Mac OS X 10.4.11
No Server Name selectable on Denon AVP-A1HDCI input

Post by rlm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Mac Twonky Server 6.0.30

Mac OS X 10.4.11 G5 PPC
Denon AVP-A1HDCI

Everything looks good on the Mac.

Denon appearing on network address 192.168.1.107 in Twonky Config so it appears connected, discovered.

However I can not get the Denon Unit to show me a Server Name to select in the Input, nothing is there to select.

So everything looks connected but can not get content to play through AVP because I can not select the Mac Twonky Media Server Name on the Denon.

Help

parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)

Re: No Server Name selectable on Denon AVP-A1HDCI input

Post by parnott » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:08 pm

rlm wrote:Mac Twonky Server 6.0.30

Mac OS X 10.4.11 G5 PPC
Denon AVP-A1HDCI

Everything looks good on the Mac.

Denon appearing on network address 192.168.1.107 in Twonky Config so it appears connected, discovered.

However I can not get the Denon Unit to show me a Server Name to select in the Input, nothing is there to select.

So everything looks connected but can not get content to play through AVP because I can not select the Mac Twonky Media Server Name on the Denon.

Help
Try turning off the firewall on the Mac and see if it connects. The discovery phase of DLNA/UPNP uses UDP, the browseing/media server access uses TCP. It may be that that the firewall is blocking that traffic.

rlm

Post by rlm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:41 pm

I will give that a try by turning off all firewalls on Mac Sharing Preferences.

Wondering if I should use Generic Media Receiver, or just the basic Denon in the Media Receiver section of Config.

I have it set to generic, Classic.

What exactly does this Generic versus Denon do. I also see other Denon receivers listed. Should I just pick one of those.

Hard to get info on this product, and this media server stuff is new to me, interesting.

Thanks, I will let you know if firewall off lets the Denon see the Mac Media Server.

How do you turn the media server off and on on the Mac. It appear that it is always on?

rlm

Post by rlm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks, yes turning the firewalls off enabled me to see the media server on the Denon.

Finally, it is working.

Question, will I be able to stream movies from Netflix from my Mac to the Denon on my home theater?

Sorry to ask so many question, but this stuff is new to me.

rlm

Not Authorized

Post by rlm » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:51 am

Help,

Everything was working. Went to demo and am now getting "not authorized" message on the Mac Server Name.

What is going on?

Help.

Thanks

parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)

Re: Not Authorized

Post by parnott » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:47 am

Netflix streaming - NO.

'Not Authorized' - have you entered your serial number? This software is not free.