Playlist Containers and Nav Tree rigidness

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag
Playlist Containers and Nav Tree rigidness

Post by phibertron » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:03 pm

If I try to move or modify the default settings for playlists, the nav tree just returns nothing

[code]
<container name='videos' id='video' upnp:originalTrackNumber='3' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie,object.item.videoItem.classified.movie,object.item.videoItem.online.movie' class='object.container'>

<container name='playlists' id='video/playlists' class='object.container' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie,object.item.videoItem.online.movie' sortcriteria='+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title' restricted='0' flags='pv:playlistRoot=Video' >

<container name='playlistrecentlyadded' filteron='pv:addedLast60' sortcriteria='-pv:addedTime' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='3' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlistmostviewed' filteron='pv:playcount' sortcriteria='-pv:playcount' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='1' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlistlastviewed' filteron='pv:lastPlayedTime' sortcriteria='-pv:lastPlayedTime' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='2' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlisthighlyrated' filteron='pv:highrated' sortcriteria='-pv:rating' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='4' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container buildon='upnp:playlist' sortcriteria='+upnp:originalTrackNumber' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie,object.item.videoItem.online.movie' upnp:originalTrackNumber='5' class='object.container.playlistContainer' />

</container>

</container>
[/code]

What do I need to do to move the subcontainers of the playist container to the root conainer for video?

Why cant I just do the following?

[code]
<container name='videos' id='video' upnp:originalTrackNumber='3' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie,object.item.videoItem.classified.movie,object.item.videoItem.online.movie' class='object.container'>

<container name='playlistrecentlyadded' filteron='pv:addedLast60' sortcriteria='-pv:addedTime' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='3' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlistmostviewed' filteron='pv:playcount' sortcriteria='-pv:playcount' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='1' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlistlastviewed' filteron='pv:lastPlayedTime' sortcriteria='-pv:lastPlayedTime' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='2' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container name='playlisthighlyrated' filteron='pv:highrated' sortcriteria='-pv:rating' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' maxitems='500' upnp:originalTrackNumber='4' restricted='1' class='object.container.playlistContainer' flags='pv:smartplaylist=1' />

<container buildon='upnp:playlist' sortcriteria='+upnp:originalTrackNumber' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie,object.item.videoItem.online.movie' upnp:originalTrackNumber='5' class='object.container.playlistContainer' />

</container>
[/code

ThrashAZ
AV Hardware:Samsung UN55C8000
QNAP TS-219P+

Re: Playlist Containers and Nav Tree rigidness

Post by ThrashAZ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 am

Hi phibertron,

Thanks for your great work on all of the various trees that you have posted. I too have recently pursued this problem with no luck. I was hoping to add a "Last 10" folder to the root of my videos folder to display the 10 most recent movies. But, it appears I was stumped in the same way you were.

I am able to have Videos > Recently Added > Last 10 > movies here. But, not Videos > Last 10 > movies here.

I know this post is a bit dated, so I thought I would see if you have found any new information or techniques to accomplish this in recent months. Thanks again!

Josh

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: Playlist Containers and Nav Tree rigidness

Post by phibertron » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 pm

I am running 6.0.37
and have been able to do it with the following

Code: Select all

<container name='Last 10' filteron='pv:addedLast60' sortcriteria='-pv:addedTime' maxitems='10' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
I have a different setup on my views, so the above works for me
you may have to use something like this for stock view usage

<container name='Last 10' id='video/last10' filteron='pv:addedLast60' sortcriteria='-pv:addedTime' maxitems='10' createClass='object.item.videoItem.movie' class='object.container' />
and

<container id='video' >
	<link id='video/all' />
	<link id='video/albums' />
	<link id='video/folders' />
	<link id='video/year' />
	<link id='video/date' />
	<link id='video/rating' />
	<link id='video/playlists' />
	<link groupid='video/onlineservices' />
	<link groupid='video/last10' />