Transcoding Menu

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
chileboy
AV Hardware:Maxtor Shared Storage II
PS/3
Transcoding Menu

Post by chileboy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi -

New user here.

I have gotten TMS installed and running on my Maxtor Shared Storage II, using the build provided here for that target. It is an ARM-based NAS using nslu2.

I want to transcode my flacs for my PS3 (I can successfully stream MP3s already). I installed ffmpeg and made the required changes to the .location and .desc files for transcoding to MP3, different video formats, etc., and all the checkboxes on the Transcoding screen in the UI became active, which is fine.

However, now I want to experiment with transcoding to .WAV and/or PCM. I've installed the proper version of flac for my device, and, again, changed and/or created the proper .location files, and .desc files for testing.

I expected that, upon restarting the server, I would see further transcoding options, for instance "Convert Music to: [] .WAV"

What I need to do in order to activate these additional options? Or, does TMS by default use whatever it finds in cgi-bin? In that case, how would it know which profile to actually use, since there may be multiple transcoding files from one format?

Thanks very much for any input.