Problem with Flac files on Popcorn Hour A110

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Budgie
Problem with Flac files on Popcorn Hour A110

Post by Budgie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:29 am

I have been using twonky mounted on Qnap NAS 209 Pro II to serve music to several devices including the Popcorn Hour A110. This has been fine with mp3 files but recently I have been ripping and encoding to flac. For some reason the popcorn hour sees the flac files but will not play them. On the other hand if I read the files directly from the NAS say using NFS, they play just fine.
I have tried two versions of Twonky: 5.1.6 and 6.0.30. I have set the sybas based firmware option for the client in Twonky but need some more help with the configuration as clearly this is not enough. Of course the Popcorn Hour folk blame Twonky but it is only in Twonky that I can use custom trees to facilitate finding tracks in large collection so if I cannot solve the problem it will be the Popcorn Hour devices which will lose my custom and I shall buy devices which do work with Twonky.

If anybody has cracked this problem I would be grateful for any help available.
Regards,
Budgie

Budgie

Re: Problem with Flac files on Popcorn Hour A110

Post by Budgie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 am

Using Twonky 6.0.30 I can stream flac files to Linn DS and all works well so I can use Composer tag for example.
However with Popcorn Hour A110 still nothing using Twonky but popcorn hour can play flac files locally. So what is Twonky doing that prevents one player from working but allows another.
I see that this subject has been raised from time to time since 2008 when flac support was promised in future revisions. Well I guess they think the job is finished but not here it isnt.
How can I get twonky people to take an interest in this problem?
Budgie