Hide Folder path / structure

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
easyf
AV Hardware:PS3
Hide Folder path / structure

Post by easyf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello,

I have installed 6.0.28 under Linux. I want to connect it to my PS3. The PS3 stops browsing after 7 or 8 folders. So, I browse the following way: (Twonky -> Music -> By Folder -> home -> vol1 -> mp3 -> records -> 2010 -> blabla -> ) Via webconfiguration i have setup the folder "/home/vol1/mp3". Why does Twonky still shows this fully path on my PS3? Is it possible to hide the fully path?

Thanks, easyf

RG1
AV Hardware:Philips Streamium WAC 7500
Philips Streamium WAS 7500
Philips Streamium WAC 6050
Philips Streamium NP 2900

Re: Hide Folder path / structure

Post by RG1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi,
there is a property in twonkymedia-server.ini to set a base folder for Linux based systems:

Code: Select all

# for Linux/NAS systems this is the basedirectory used for content sharing (prepended to all shares)
contentbase=/home/vol/mp3
The file is located somewhere in /var/twonkymedia on my nas. Don't know if is the same location for other linux based systems. Make shure to find the right ini file (should hold your license key). There is a second twonkymedia-server.ini in the same folder as the twonkymediaserver executable. This file is for the first startup after installation only. Don't change this file.

easyf
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: Hide Folder path / structure

Post by easyf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Thank you!

But I found the actual reason for my problem. There was another instance of the server running. This instance was not well configured.