ETA on new version

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Wires
AV Hardware:PS3
ETA on new version

Post by Wires » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Just wondering if there is a projected ETA on the new version. I'm having serious issues with the memory leak in the 6.0.32 version.

Also, when the server is restarted, it'll forgot the view settings assigned to each media receiver, and fall back to the default (this has been there forever).

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: ETA on new version

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Just wondering if there is a projected ETA on the new version. I'm having serious issues with the memory leak in the 6.0.32 version.

Also, when the server is restarted, it'll forgot the view settings assigned to each media receiver, and fall back to the default (this has been there forever).
Thanks for reporting this. We were planning a release late last week and then found a new issue with device detection problems on some networks. Now they want to fix that, and release a 6.0.34 ASAP. I will probably take another week to fix and test a new release. If no more surprises are found, that should mean we'll be able to post an update here early next week (June 20?).

I'll make sure a bug report is created on the media receivers reverting back on a restart.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Wires
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by Wires » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks for the update.

I'll be patiently waiting. :D

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks for being so patient. :D

By the way, earlier today we tried to reproduce the issue you mention above with TS 6.0.32 and could not. :(

We modified the receiver list multiple times and after saving a restarting the server the values were still preserved. We also modified the receiver list and restarted thePC and settings were still preserved.

If you have any suggestions how we could reproduce this issue, that would be great. Are you running TS on PC, Mac or NAS?

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/