Twonky becomes unreachable

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Shockmaindave
AV Hardware:Windows Vista
2 Playstation 3's
1 Retired DSM-320
Twonky becomes unreachable

Post by Shockmaindave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm having trouble keeping my Twonky server available on the network. After a period of inactivity, usually between one and three hours, I'm unable to reach it through the Internet, LAN, or locally. Even the "Media Server Settings" times out. The Tray Application is running and remains displaying its colored icon. I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit. I've tried reinstalling as an administrator, changing all my customizations back to default, and I'm officially out of ideas. It was also a problem under 6.0.32. I was hoping the .34 upgrade would take care of it, but it didn't.

It's become a bit of a crisis because it's reached "**** off my wife" levels of inconvenience. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone seen similar behavior on Win 7-64?

Thanks,
Dave

parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)

Re: Twonky becomes unreachable

Post by parnott » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Examine the power saving settings on your computer and any external drives and make sure nothing is going into a standby/hibernate/power-off mode. Twonky and/or some media players don't operate well when this happens.

If you used the custom install option and selected the NAS compatibility option, make sure your user session always remains logged in. I.E it never drops back to a login prompt.

Shockmaindave
AV Hardware:Windows Vista
2 Playstation 3's
1 Retired DSM-320

Re: Twonky becomes unreachable

Post by Shockmaindave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks, Parnott, but it's not my sleep settings (my Calibre server, Hauppauge TV Extend, and jAlbum are all still reachable.)
I also don't use an NAS.

I see there's another post a couple after mine with similar signs and symptoms. I'm going to read that one next.

I'm willing to try anything to troubleshoot this (and I don't understand the effects of changing SSDP/UPNP Time to live/TCP Sessions) but I'll beta anything/try anything you can throw at me, even though I just appear to have refused to do so! Please keep the ideas coming and I'll let you know if/what works.

Dave