4.4.17 vs 6.0.34 (no good) for music track list view ?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
shajar
AV Hardware:QNAP 109II Pro NAS, XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3, Yamaha RX-V3900, Logitech Sqeezebox Boom
4.4.17 vs 6.0.34 (no good) for music track list view ?

Post by shajar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi just wondering if anyone knows how to change the 6.0.34 music tracklist view so it plays the original CD track list view instead of alphanumeric view?
Its extremely annoying when playing back a mixed compilation that fades into the next song, but jumps to the next alphanumeric song title...horrible when entertaining!
I'm streaming from my QNAP NAS to PS3 or XBOX 360, it was working on the 4.4.17 version but this version unfortunetately does not support mp4 streaming, so I'm stuck between preference of music playback sequence or movie playback format. :roll:

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: 4.4.17 vs 6.0.34 (no good) for music track list view ?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Have you tried any of the views which contain the word Album? Normally that addresses this when your songs have metadata in the track field.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Shockmaindave
AV Hardware:Windows Vista
2 Playstation 3's
1 Retired DSM-320

Post by Shockmaindave » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 am

Shajar,
I can only half-help you here because I'm working on Windows instead of an NAS.

Twonky 6 moved to an xml-based menu system which is both kick-ass and completely intimidating. Briain has done some great work on detailing its intricacies and Rick has said that they hope to include a better editor in Twonky 7.0.

Until then, whip out a text editor and try to track down a file called view-definitions.xml,

Do a search for sortcriteria.
It should include the term sortcriteria='+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber'

The originalTrackNumber is left out of the XML file, as Murphy's Law would have it, in whatever view it is that you want to use it in.

Copy this folder to resources/views/ (again--I don't know the path for your NAS) and restart the program. Things should sort by track number.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and if I am, I hope the community corrects me.
I hope it helps and that you like this program as much as I do.

Good luck,
(Shockmain)Dave

Shockmaindave
AV Hardware:Windows Vista
2 Playstation 3's
1 Retired DSM-320

Post by Shockmaindave » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 am

I forgot to mention phibertron's excellent article about putting folders at the root. His posts did some impossible stuff with that xml file: http://twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353

No disrespect intended!

shajar
AV Hardware:QNAP 109II Pro NAS, XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3, Yamaha RX-V3900, Logitech Sqeezebox Boom

Post by shajar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Rick, Dave

thanks for your reply's I think it's a little above me to hack the NAS's Twonky .xml view config file, I'm not familiar with Linux commands at all.....I connected to the NAS using SSH2 and logged in but couldn't go much further than that, I don't know how to get to the file I'm chasing to swap it out or edit and save it?

Do you think this article explains how I should attempt it http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=29318 it seems like a lot of info to do something (that should be) so simple?

Rick you have a good point choosing Albums when selected it then lists the tracks in correct order. However I have over 650 albums and scrolling through them in 1 big folder is poor navigation on all my media players as it's extremely slow.
I have placed my Albums in relevant folders (related to Genres) and have about 6 folders to speed up the navigation to the type of music I want to listen to, so I guess I need an option for Folder/Album?

Thanks,
Shay

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Rick you have a good point choosing Albums when selected it then lists the tracks in correct order. However I have over 650 albums and scrolling through them in 1 big folder is poor navigation on all my media players as it's extremely slow. I have placed my Albums in relevant folders (related to Genres) and have about 6 folders to speed up the navigation to the type of music I want to listen to, so I guess I need an option for Folder/Album?
I'll pass on this request. Thanks for explaining why this is still an issue for you.

- Rick

shajar

Post by shajar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks Rick

Shay

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Christian suggested that you try Genre/Album Navigation. Of course that only works if you have genre tags on your songs.

- Rick

shajar

Post by shajar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:43 am

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"]Christian suggested that you try Genre/Album Navigation. Of course that only works if you have genre tags on your songs.

- Rick[/quote]

Yeh no not really, genre navigation is bad, it's not back and white enough as to how it (the album) gets tagged, its almost open to anyone's opinion, very hard to find what you want.

Its just strange that the old XBMC gets it correct (folder/album view) and none of the new streaming media products can replicate this formula....Hhmm much as I hate to say it I might be having to build a HTPC just to run XBMC to listen to music....what a waste of power these devices are. :(

Shay