Marantz NA7004 network player gives not authorized message.

Discussion of Denon clients.
asukrumercan
AV Hardware:WD sharespace
Marantz NA7004
Yamaha Z11
WDTV live hub
Marantz NA7004 network player gives not authorized message.

Post by asukrumercan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi all,

I am using WD Sharespace 8TB as a NAS. I have tried to play my flac files using marantz network player, but marantz give a message "WD Sharespace: not-authorized"

Both are DLNA 1,5 certified devices.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Marantz NA7004 network player gives not authorized messa

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 am

Interesting. I know that we can stream FLAC files to a wide range of other devices so I suspect the Marantz player could be the problem. FLAC support is NOT required for DLNA-support, so not all companies test for this. Check to see if there is a new firmware update available for your Marantz. That could fix the problem.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

asukrumercan
Marantz NA7004
Yamaha Z11
WDTV live hub

Post by asukrumercan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:00 am

I am sorry Rick, I think there is misunderstanding because of my first message.

Marantz network player sees the NAS as a music server but it gives a message "not authorized" without finding any music files. I have two music folders in the NAS, one is for WAV files and the other is for FLAC files. Marantz can not see any of them.

Ä° have checked the twonky set up of the NAS, Marantz is seen as one of the media players in the DMP/DMR section of the twonky. The box for automatic addition of all new media players is also marked. Folder sharings look OK.

The other thing is, none of my other DMP and renderers in my system have any problem for accessing the NAS. My Yamaha Z11 AV receiver can play the WAV files from NAS without any problem, my WDTV live hub and WDTV live can access the NAS after entering the password of the NAS.

In addition to these, all DLNA appl. in my iphone/ipad can see the files in my NAS, and can play flac/wav files using Marantz np as a DMR.

So I can not understand why Marantz np and also its own apple appl. give a message, not authorized.

In marantz setup, I also have tried to solve the problem but there is even no option to enter the password of the NAS.

Thanks.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Thanks for providing the additional info. The fact that none of your other DMP and renderers have a problem accessing your NAS makes this seem like it is a Marantz problem. The Marantz has it's own embedded control point software which locates and let's you browse UPnP servers on your network. I'm sure Twonky is adventising itself as a UPnP server properly. I don't see why the Marantz can't access it. Have you checked with their support people on this?

- Rick

asukrumercan
Marantz NA7004
Yamaha Z11
WDTV live hub

Post by asukrumercan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Rick.

At the end the problem was solved. :)

I called Marantz USA although I bought the device from Dubai, they said that the Marantz network player did not need any configuration to see the servers, so there was no more parameters left on any device that I had to configure.

I just unplugged the router and marantz network player and turned off the server. When I turned them all, there was no problem.

I was so surprized to see that no more 'not authorızed' message.

Now all the devices are working good.

Thank you again for your answers.

Sukru

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:37 pm

That's great news! :D

Thank you for sharing the solution to this problem here. This will help others.

- Rick