Stream stops

Discussion of Denon clients.
Mandarine
Stream stops

Post by Mandarine » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi,

I'm using Twonky 4.4.18 Server on Debian Linux to stream Music to my Denon AVR3808. When streaming playlists, the stream suddenly stops after a while (can't specify exactly, can be 20 minutes, can be an hour). After that, I have to restart the Denon to continue listening to music ...

What can I do? Does anybody know that problem?

Sascha

Stany
AV Hardware:Denon 3808A
Denon 2500BT
B&W XT Series
Pioneer LX508XD
Sky HD
HTPC

Re: Stream stops

Post by Stany » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I have exchanged emails with D&M (Denon Tech Support) since Apr 09.
I went through the usual trouble-shooting: re-install Twonky, try different Windows version, different PC, ...
My Denon 3808A would stream for about 2hrs and then would just stop, or restart the same song over and over. Only a power-cycle would fix the problem, but then 2hrs later, same thing happened again!

Anyway, following Denon Tech Support suggestions, I upgraded the firmware and reset to factory settings. That did not help so I had to send them my unit for further testing. I received a loan unit but guess what?! it has also the same issue. I was not very happy! In the meantime, Denon Tech Support did confirm that my unit was cutting off the streaming for no apparent reason.

It's been two months since I've sent back my unit and I was not happy with the time frame so they have now sent me a brand new unit instead of having mine fixed.

I would strongly suggest you call D&M or your local dealer for support.

DENON UK

A Division of D&M Audiovisual Limited
First Floor
Imperial House
4-10 Donegall Square East
Belfast
BT1 5HD
Northern Ireland

Tel:
02890 279830 (Main Line)

Fax:
02890 312643

AsK-IT
AV Hardware:Denon AVR-3808A
Twonky MediaManager

Re: Stream stops

Post by AsK-IT » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 am

Hi,

You're not the only one with this problem.
I'am living in The Netherlands and own an 'official' dutch Denon AVR-3808A.

I've got a brand new computer with Windows 7 and the latest release TwonkyManager.
After a while, not always at the same time or played track, the stream stops and the current track will be repeated for ever.

Only a power-cycle with the litle power-button solves it, no changes or restart needed of the computer running Twonky(Manager).

I know, this solves nothing but now you know that you're not the only one ;-)

========================================================================================
At the time I wrote the text above Denon released a new firmware-update.

I updated to the latest firmware which took only 15 minutes (from previous firmware, update from older firmware versions wil take longer)

After 2 weeks I can say the problem with hang-ups while playing network audio is solved.
I even saw no more messages 'Server Disconnected' after a day or 2 not listening to network audio.

Thanks Denon.