Discussion of Denon clients.
tulear
AV Hardware:Denon AVR-4310
Pop-corn Hour C-200
DNLA server : Synology NAS 209+
Push to Denon not working

Post by tulear » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi all,

I just bought a Denon AV ampli AVR 4310 witch is identified as an DMR working with DLNA servers on Twonky site. Using TMM I can see the Denon but I'm not able to push anything to the ampli (the "play button is not available).I have no problem to play music stored on DLNA servers (Twonky or Synology) from the Denon, but I'm not able to manage music from TMM, is there something to be done on Demon ?

I've got the exact same issue with my C-200 Popocorn player but as it is not DLNA certified I cannot complain.

Thanks for your help

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Push to Denon not working

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Although we haven't tested any of the Denon amps in San Diego, we have tested many of the other Denon products like the AVR-3808CI. With them all you have to do is set the "Source Select" knob to "Net/USB Stereo".

There are a few things you can try which sometimes help.

1. Power down everything.
2. Power up the amp first
3. Power up your PC

If that doesn't work try Reseting the Client Table in the Advenced Server Settings section. Pressing this button will rescan your network for rendering devices and rebuild a new client table. Make sure to click on the icon of the server you want to control before pressing this button. Pressing this button can solve problems where TwonkyMedia manager is unable to control a supported device. This will restart your server, so you may have to wait a few minutes before using TMS/TMM.

If this doesn't work, I'll ask our Tokyo office to contact Denon on this matter. If there is an issue, let's hope they can address it in a firmware update.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

tulear
Pop-corn Hour C-200

Post by tulear » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks Rick for your quick answer.

Unfortunately I tried to power off / on all devices, and rebuild database but I've still got the same issue : I cannot launch any music/photo on my Denon ampli. Curiously the only possible action on twonkymediaManager is "stop" which is working (on a music that I launched from the Denon); I can also see the indication about time music runing at the bottom of the page (but non indication on name)

I raised a issue to Denon support, I'll see if they know about this problem.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

I created a trouble-ticket for this issue and assigned it to someone in our Japan office to forward to Denon. To check status on this issue in the future. Ask about MM-3233.

Two more questions:
1. When you drag and drop music, does the cursor change to red when you mouse over the Denon icon?
2. What formats are you trying to drag? I don't think the Denon works with WMA lossless. It should work with MP3 and WAV however.

- Rick

tulear
Pop-corn Hour C-200

Post by tulear » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:56 pm

1 - cursor starts red and becomes green when it is dragged to Demon playlist
2 - whatever format I tried (mp3, flac, wav) I cannot launch it on Denon

Kind regard, Bruno

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:35 pm

What happens when you drag an MP3 file on top of the Denon icon in the Play Here section. Is it still green? The reason I'm asking twice is because you mentioned dragging media to the playlist window.

- Rick

tulear
Pop-corn Hour C-200

Post by tulear » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi Rick,

I've made big progress with your remark : in fact I was not droping files to the Denon Icon but to the playlist :oops:
When I drag files to Denon it works :)

but I've got another problem : the Denon Icon disapear very often and I cannot manage anymore this device ... Although my network is 100M wired and I've no problem once streaming has started (I ve got also the same issue with my Synology DLNA server)

Sorry for the "bad use" and thanks for your reactivity and help

Bruno

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks for letting us know this is working now.

I'll modify the support ticket to let them know their device is dropping from the network.

- Rick

tulear
Pop-corn Hour C-200

Post by tulear » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 pm

you're welcome ...

Do you have any idea about the devices icon which disappear ? What's very annoying in fact

Thx, Bruno

alero
AV Hardware:Denon AVR-4310CI

Post by alero » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:24 am

I have similar problems with Denon AVR-4310CI

1. The receiver was found by Twonky server without any problems. I could stream audio using the WEB-based user interface of the receiver. It was sluggish but worked for a while then broke for good. Now I can not access network menu. Tried to reset the receiver. No luck. It's unlikely that Twonky broke the WEB UI on the receiver but it's still a possibility.

2. I managed to push audio to the receiver via Twonky Manager but again there are various of bugs
a) Looks like Denon does not like capital letters in file extensions (e. g. MP3). It refused to play some of my files and accepted them after I changed the extensions to lower case
b) Same problem happens with long file names.

In both cases Twonky loses the device. Sometimes it finds it, sometimes I have to reboot the receiver

I had problems with MediaPlayer too. Looks like Denon DLNA support is a marketing trick. They could have done better for the money they ask for the device :-(

Chui
AV Hardware:VArious

Post by Chui » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 am

Hi all,

Just a note on my experiences.

I have all music files on a Qnap 409 with Twonky Server installed. All music playing through a Denen 4308 via DLINK DIR 655 router. All my recordings were in WAV format.

I could always pull the music to the 4308 without problem.

However pushing music to the Denon with Twonky Manager on my laptop never worked, with the red cross appearing when trying to drag a song over the Denon symbol.

I've experimented with the following file types

AAC
WAV
FLAC
MP3 (various bitrates)
OGG

Of these, only MP3 can be successfully pushed to the 4308. It doesn't seem to matter what the level of loss applied to the file.

Just my experiences, and some info for any frustrated users.

Cheers

Chui