Twonky not working on Bravia TV

ali.black89
AV Hardware:Sony KDL-40EX 503
MyBook Live
Twonky not working on Bravia TV

Post by ali.black89 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a WD MyBook Live which has the Twonky server built in.

I have 2 folders on the MyBook Live - TV Shows and Movies. I connected the router to my TV (Sony Bravia sony KDL -40EX 503) using ethernet cable. The videos files come in different formats - avi, mkv, mp4 - but these do not work.

I later found out that that mybook live only has twonky server version 5.1.9 and that DNLA for the tv only supports mpeg 2. So i converted a video file to mpeg 2 (whilst keeping all the other videos on the hard drive) and it still doesnt work. It says there are no video files to view when i navigate to the folder.

Is there any way i can view avi or mp4 files with my current set up or as least get mpeg 2 files to work.

Thank you

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Twonky not working on Bravia TV

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

What year is your TV? What is the pixel dimensions of your MPEG-2 file?

Most Sony TVs sold in the U.S. before 2011 (or so) had limited format support (MPEG-2 and AVCHD only). MPEG-2 is supported, but my Sony Blu-ray doesn't play 1920x1080 MPEG-2 files.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/