Twonky and Bravia TV

bra50
AV Hardware:Qnap TS451
Twonky and Bravia TV

Post by bra50 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi,

I want to stream mp4-Files on my Sony Bravia TV using the last version of Twonky (8.1).

The situation is:

- all other devices (PC, Tablet, Smartphones) are able to straem the mp4 files provided by TS-451/Twonky
- MP4 Files are not listed in the TV Manual as supported fileformats
- the TV does not stream mp4 Files, other formats are fine

But: the mediaplayer from my PC (Windows 7) streams the same mp4 files to the TV without problems.
There must be a special kind of transcoding the mediaplayer does which the Twonky does not.

Any help is welcomed. Asking google does not help yet.

werner

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Re: Twonky and Bravia TV

Post by Twonky_Marco » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi,

how old is your TV. I tried it with one of our Sony TVs (from about 2013) and it was working without any tweaks.

Twonky does not support transcoding out of the box. It is possible to configure but we do not provide any support for it. There are some threads here in the forum that might help you though.

Where is Twonky Server installed. On most NAS boxes transcoding will not work satisfyingly because they simply lack CPU power.

Best regards,
Marco

bra50
AV Hardware:Qnap TS451

Post by bra50 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi,

the TV is from 2009. And my NAS Server ist a QNAP 451. I read all the articles in this forum but did not find a good answer.
The only reason why I did not cancel my activities is the fact, that the mediaserver from Microsoft does the job.

Best Regards

Wener

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Post by Twonky_Marco » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:27 am

We have another Sony TV from 2010 here. This one is not able to play mp4content. So transcoding is probably the thing that will work for you.

You might also want to have a look at the QNAP forum, where people discussed similar problems.

Best regards,
Marco