How to enable your Bravia TV as a renderer

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
How to enable your Bravia TV as a renderer

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 am

A long list of Sony Bravia TVs including the KDL-32E5520 can be used with TwonkyMedia server or externally controlled using TwonkyMedia manager or TwonkyBeam. You can view them here:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 960#p21264

How to Enable External Control
Before you can externally control them, you'll you toggle the Renderer Function on. To do this use your remote to navigate to Home, Settings, Network function, Renderer Function. Then toggle Renderer Function to 'On'. After you close and reopen your browser, your TV should appear in the devices section of TwonkyBeam. With TwonkyMedia manager, it should appear in the Play Here section in 30 seconds or less.

Now you can push local media to your TV using TwonkyMedia manager OR beam JPEGs, MP3s and MPEG video files from any Web page to your TV.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

abrrp
AV Hardware:Windows XP Professional on average spec PC
Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500
Dynalink RTA1025W Wireless Router

Re: How to enable your Bravia TV as a renderer

Post by abrrp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:05 am

Hi

Sounds so easy, but it isn't for me. Just entering this new digital media world and finding it hard. Yesterday I downloaded the trial version of TMM and within moments I could see my photos on my TV :-)

However, about 1 hour later when I looked again I could no longer see any photos on the TV. Since then I have tried:

Resetting TV to factory settings
Stopping and restarting the server
Turning off my wireless router and restarting it

Nothing seems to help. On the TV the renderer function is switched on but I cannot see the Bravia TV on my "Play Here" list. It was definitley there when I first ran the software. When I click on View Media Receiver List I can see two generic media receivers listed together with my PC.

The only thing I can remember doing that might be relevant is trying to choose music on my TV to stream some of my MP3 files. It wouldn't show me any (although they were clearly shown on my TMM content) and after that I couldn't see any photos either. When I leave the TV searching for the photos it eventually times out.

Please help - solve this and I'll be buying the full version when my trial expires.

Thanks

Andy

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Sorry to hear that you're having problems Andy.

Suggestions:
- Connect via a wired (not wireless) network if possible. At least while troubleshooting. Since wireless connections often drop.

- Power everything down. Power up your TV first. Then your PC. It can take up to 30 seconds for a device to announce itself.

- If your TV doesn't appear after 30 seconds, try pressing the Reset Device List button in Adv. Server Settings. This will restart your server. Wait until the spinning cursor icon stops before trying to use TMM.

- Avoid the Music tree until we figure out why you're having problems with that.

I know there are other Sony TMM users here that are not having problems, hoping some of them will have suggestions as well.

- Rick

abrrp
AV Hardware:Windows XP Professional on average spec PC
Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500
Dynalink RTA1025W Wireless Router

Post by abrrp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for that, Rick

Photos are now there again, but no music. Not a biggie but would like to solve that too... not risking the music tree at all because I think that's what upset things first time around.

Cheers

Andy

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Let me know which Sony TV you have, and which formats of music files you have and I will try to assist you. Send your answer to me at tmm-beta@pv.com.

- Rick

TonyP
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia KDL 46W5100, Windows Home Server, PS3

Post by TonyP » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 am

HI,
I have a new Sony Bravia 46W5100, setting it up for the 1st time, connected via Cat5e. While I don't see my TV on the list of DMR's, I have the following questions:

1.) I think the W5100 is the US version of the 5500 (at least that's what some info from Googling suggests to me). Can you confirm this TV is compatible with Twonky?

2.) I am using Windows Home Server with the PV Connect Add-in. I am assuming PV Connect is the same as Twonky. I have the IP address of the TV added in the list of media receivers. On the TV, I still can't connect to the WHS. In the TV's diagnostic menu, it sees the PV Connect Media Server, but indicates "this server does not support DLNA". Is there a way to get the TV to connect to PV Connect?

Your guidance is appreciated

Regards,
Tony

Earl W. Jackson Jr.
AV Hardware:SONY BRAVIA TV KDL52Z5100

Post by Earl W. Jackson Jr. » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Greetings: I too have a BRAVIA TV (KDL-52Z5100) and have yet to find the way to enable it as a renderer. The TV sees the TMM server, but will not connect to it. After much discussion with SONY customer support, I was finally told that my TV would not support TMM. Apparently there is a difference between the non-US BRAVIA TVs (those whose model #s end in 500) and the US versions (model #s ending in 100). Has anyone else run into this problem? Earl

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Earl W. Jackson Jr. wrote:Greetings: I too have a BRAVIA TV (KDL-52Z5100) and have yet to find the way to enable it as a renderer. The TV sees the TMM server, but will not connect to it. After much discussion with SONY customer support, I was finally told that my TV would not support TMM. Apparently there is a difference between the non-US BRAVIA TVs (those whose model #s end in 500) and the US versions (model #s ending in 100). Has anyone else run into this problem? Earl
Yes. This is a known issue.

- Rick

pbol01
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia 40ex700

Post by pbol01 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:17 pm

I am really desperate!

I have bought the Twonky Media Manager for my Windows 7 x64 desktop.
My TV is the Sony Bravia 40ex700
But I can't get it to show the files in the folders I have shared via Twonky. They work fine through my browser via the Beam plugin. And also in the MediaManager interface. Also in the MediaManager interface I can't drag any files onto my TV(render)
My TV just says "there are no items to display" when I brose the share via the TVs interface. please advise???

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:43 pm

pbol01 wrote:I am really desperate!

I have bought the Twonky Media Manager for my Windows 7 x64 desktop.
My TV is the Sony Bravia 40ex700
But I can't get it to show the files in the folders I have shared via Twonky. They work fine through my browser via the Beam plugin. And also in the MediaManager interface. Also in the MediaManager interface I can't drag any files onto my TV(render)
My TV just says "there are no items to display" when I brose the share via the TVs interface. please advise???
This is a mystery to me. You're TV is on our list of supported DMRs. Normally if Beam works with a device, TM works with it as well. It's not a Win 7 64 issue, because we test with that. Have you tried dragging a single MP3 or JPEG image on the icon for your TV?

- Rick

roger78
AV Hardware:linkstation noxon roku soundbridge linux fedora

Post by roger78 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:51 pm

WMA does not work on my Bravia whereas when Stream from Windows 7 the same are seen as LPCM

Any Idea?