LG TV + my book world streaming problems

icooney
AV Hardware:LG TV, Xbox 360, 2x WD MyBook Wolrd
LG TV + my book world streaming problems

Post by icooney » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 pm

I have been using WD mybook world and streaming with twonky on it to my tv, however recently since upgrading my twonky server software, my database of videos removes its self leaving 'a couple' of videos and no folders to navigate through different ones each time, but it i switch to photo i can see all my video folders, and on my computer it is all still there, in twonky status it says that it has 1300ish videos which is right - but its not letting me acces them. is this a twonky, LG TV, or WD Hdd issue as it's been working fine?
Thanks

jimpf
AV Hardware:PS3, Xbox360, Zyxel DMA1000, Freecom Musicpal

Re: LG TV + my book world streaming problems

Post by jimpf » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:42 am

Hi icooney,

Can you explain how you upgraded TwonkyServer on your MyBook World device? As far as I know, WD has never issued any firmware updates to the MyBook to update the TwonkyServer, although we have provided them with all of our latest builds.

I was wondering how the upgrade was installed and which version of the TwonkyServer you currently have? Is the old version of TwonkyServer still running on the same device along with this new one?

From the problem description it sounds as if the new version of Twonky did not re-index all of your content, or it may not be configured to point to your content locations as the original version was setup.

If you manually installed this version of TwonkyServer manually then there may be some configuration steps that still need to be done to set it up in the same way as the old one.
- open your web configuration page for the TwonkyServer ( http://ip-address-of-your-MyBook:9000/config )
- select the "Sharing" link on the configuration page and make sure that the server is pointing to the locations of your media
- select "Save Changes" if you need to change these paths
- Open the "Maintenance" link from the configuration page
- select the "Rebuild database" link
This will allow the server to rebuild it's database. I would reccomend this just in case something went wrong when you updated the server. It shouldn't be pointing at the old database. Allow it to rebuild a new one.
- select Restart server when this is done

I hope this helps.

--Jim

icooney
AV Hardware:LG TV, Xbox 360, 2x WD MyBook Wolrd

Post by icooney » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Its now 5.1.9, if you go into the wd web interface and update the wd firmware and mionet, it also updated twonky from 5 to 5.1.9.
It has been working and is pointing to all the correct places, just it doesn't seem to always index it right, some times its fine, but its now at a point where when its not working i dont know what to do to get it back.
Ian

bunyip
AV Hardware:TMS 6.0.34 on MAC OSX, LG TV, OPPO bluray player, iPhone

Post by bunyip » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:29 pm

This is the same problem Ive been having on my system. [TMS 6.0.32 on MAC OSX, LG TV, & OPPO bluray playyer]. The LG TV looses the movie list and only shows one random file from my server (2000+ files), pictures & music files are shown fine, with all folders and subfolders. The OPPO player in another room shows all films, picures & music perfectly. So i know it is a problem between the Twonky & the LG TV. I have found the only way to resolve the problem is on my Mac, move a folder out of the shared folder and have Twonky rebuild its database, and that will bring back the files & folder on the LG TV, I then put back the folder i moved out back into the shared folder and leave Twonky to automatically scan the shared folder after 10 minutes. Most of the times that works.

I haven't worked out why the files system breaks down on th LG.

I have just updated to the new TMS 6.0.34 & i hope it won't have these problems any more.

pearlofSofe
AV Hardware:Ysuqun

LG TV my book world streaming problems

Post by pearlofSofe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 pm

A Cliant wants to do Live Streaming, i know how to do prerecorded and upload but i cant figure out how we do live streaming. I have a webcam, i have storange but how do i broadcast live?