Samsung C series Blue Button (D) resume

adr
AV Hardware:Samsung UE40c5800
Samsung C series Blue Button (D) resume

Post by adr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm

The (rather rubbish) Samsung Media server that comes with the C series TV's has the option to allow you to resume playing a file from where you left off; but Twonky does't support this.

I'm sure it's been asked for before by people, and the response was that it wasn't supported by anything other than Samsung's own media server, and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Well another product now has the blue (d button) resume feature incorporated into it, so Twonky really needs to do this too. I'm not going to name it on the forum, as I'm not sure if that's allowed, but if Twonky want to contact me for details of the product, then that's fine.

Come on Twonky; we need a resume feature - especially with the lack of proper FF support on the Samsung's.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Samsung C series Blue Button (D) resume

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:15 am

Please privately send me the name of the other product which supports this feature and 'll see if I can get something done about this.

Send it to: tmm-beta@pv.com

Make sure you also provide details about what file formats you're using and what version of TS you're using along with the platform.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

amigas
AV Hardware:WD My Live

Post by amigas » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:30 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"]Please privately send me the name of the other product which supports this feature and 'll see if I can get something done about this.

Send it to: tmm-beta@pv.com

SEND it me to: igors@sat-tv.lv

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Sadly the user never contacted me about this.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

smlick
AV Hardware:Samsung PS50C7000 QNAP TS-412

Post by smlick » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:26 pm

I think that this feature is a must for all samsung owner.
I have a Samsung PS50C7000 and I had this function with the streaming by samsung PC share manager.
Actually I stream video with QNAP TS-412 TwonkyMedia 6.0.34 that works ok also with mkv, thank's for the great work!!!! :mrgreen:
Please add also the resume function. :idea:
If you need other information please ask.

Regards
Alessio