MP101 hotkeys with 4.4 don't work

Everything about the Netgear support, problems, hints...
Deguello
MP101 hotkeys with 4.4 don't work

Post by Deguello » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi everybody,

after being forced :wink: to update from Music 4.2.1 to Media 4.4, my MP101 refuse to work. I named all music nodes according the FAQ, but it doesn't work.

Always: "No xxx menu on this server"

It's very frustrating for me, because it has been nearly perfect - now MP101 is working only half-way. I would realy appreciate if anybody could help me.

btw. my MP101 is working in German language, as I do :)

Thanks.

Frank

Deguello

Post by Deguello » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:25 pm

Solved.

But I don't know exactly, why. Changed names again, kicked out pictures and videos, restarted server. Something was successful.

Thanks to all who made their mind.

Frank

alanrab

Post by alanrab » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:35 am

I too recently upgraded from TwonkyMusic (4.1) to TwonkyMedia 4.4.1.

Again, the hotkeys on the remote were no longer working with the upgrade, even though, as I had done with TwonkyMusic, I changed the names to Artists and Genres in the Music Tree, as detailed on this forum. But no luck, it didn't work.

Then, following Frank's idea, I did a few tweaks which I will detail here to benefit other MP-101 users.

I went to the Picture and Video trees and deleted all entries, since the MP-101 has no need for them, then saved changes as always required. Also, under Naming, I deleted any entry under All Pictures and All Videos as well as under Pictures and Videos. You must leave "Music" entered in the Music field.

Then I rebuilt the database and all was amazingly well!!!

samhande

Post by samhande » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:03 am

I went through the process stated to get the MP101 remote control buttons to work. And unfortunately, it didn't.

The problem is that even though you save changes, the edits to the Music Tree do not take. In other words, I changed Artist to Artists, saved changes, restarted server. and then looked at the configuration. It read Artist. I also did the same process with a db rebuild instead of a restart.

I tried deleting the non-music tree entries, but that did not accomplish anything. I also looked for a place in the ini file that I could change the Artist, Genre, and Album verbiage to add the required "s".

In the end I went back to Version 4.4.2 and everything was OK. Hopefully the design team can verify this issue and fix it on future releases.

alanrab

Music Tree

Post by alanrab » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:47 am

Did you make sure that the Navigation Tree Setup within Music Tree is set to Custom, and you've saved the change?

slabastrou
AV Hardware:MP101, PS3, TwonkyMedia running on NAS DS107+

Re: MP101 hotkeys with 4.4 don't work

Post by slabastrou » Sun May 24, 2009 3:30 pm

How to cookbook (with english MP101):

Set tree view to Custom with the following nodes (for hotkey mapping):
Artists
Genres
Tracks

In Naming:
playlist = Playlists
shoutcast = Radio Stations