MP101 and TwonkyMusic

Everything about the Netgear support, problems, hints...
babailey
MP101 and TwonkyMusic

Post by babailey » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:42 pm

I am running TwonkeyMusic and I have several Netgear MP101s throughout the house and garage. I have recently been experiencing a problem playing playlists.

When I select a playlist, the MP101 tells me "No Items". These playlists are all .m3u and they play fine in Windows Media or WinAmp, just not on the MP101.

I performed a search and did not find anything that I though would help me solve this problem. I have also rebooted the server and the MP101 multiple times with no change in outcome. Does any have any ideas what I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

alanrab

Post by alanrab » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm now running TwonkyMedia 4.4.1 on a Windows Vista PC with several MP-101s as clients and all works fine, including playlists.

Which version of Twonky server software are you running?

So you can see the playlist titles, but those titles have no tracks within them?

babailey

Post by babailey » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:55 pm

I am running the latest version of Twonky Music and yes the playlists show up but they are all empty. However, I can play them on other devices.

I have also tried creating a subdirectory for playlists to see if that would make a difference, it did not.

Unfortunately, as of yesterday, I can not connect my MP101 to my server, I get "No Servers Found".

I am guessing that Windows Update has updated something that is blocking the UPNP traffic. I turned off the firewall and restarted the server and the MP101 but still no servers found.

alanrab

Post by alanrab » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:21 pm

See posting of 4.4.3 Beta 1. It claims to have addressed playlist issues.

http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... -beta.html

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:31 pm

alanrab wrote:See posting of 4.4.3 Beta 1. It claims to have addressed playlist issues.

http://www.twonkyvision.com/Download/Tw ... -beta.html
I have the same issue, running the 4.4.3 beta I downloaded just minutes ago.
Any ideas?

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:25 pm

It is solved indeed!

I was pushing the Playlist button on the MP101 remote, but what I needed to do was browse the music folder and choose: Playlist

And while doing that I found my Internet Radio to!

Me so happy is :D

oldy
AV Hardware:Netgear MP101
Twonkymedia 4.4

Re: MP101 and TwonkyMusic

Post by oldy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I bought Twonky as I developed a problem playing any tracks at all using Netgears server, initialy all was well with Twonky but one day I lost all playlists all I had was most played and recently played. I have now managed to solve this problem completely and now have all playlists working perfectly, this what I did.

I am running XP and Twonky 4.4.4. My playlists are created in Windows media Player.

On the Twonky configuration page I deleted all the content location fields and re entered them thus

D:\Documents and Settings\John Oldershaw\My Documents\My Music (Drop down tab Music Only)
D:\Music\Mp3\Playlists (Drop down tab Music Only )
Save this.

Go to My music then right click the Playlist folder,click properties, click the sharing tab then check the share this folder on the network tab.
You should now be able to pick up all your playlists, Good Luck.