Lic Key in use?

Everything about the Netgear support, problems, hints...
wchp
AV Hardware:WMP11
Lic Key in use?

Post by wchp » Fri May 30, 2008 5:04 pm

I recently upgraded from a HP MV2010 to a ReadyNAS Duo and installed the Twonkyserver 4.4.4 add-on package without issue. When I enter my key though... I get the error message "This key is already in use by another instance of the server."
I have double checked and Twonkyserver was disabled and then uninstalled from the HM Media Vault. I have tried removing and reinstalling both version 4.4.4 and 4.4.5 and get the same result every-time.
I submitted a online request to re-send me my key and confirmed I am using the correct key.

What should I try?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

UncleDave

Re: Lic Key in use?

Post by UncleDave » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:40 pm

I have the same problem on my PC I'm getting the message "This key is already in use by another instance of the server." when I go into the web configuration page. I've un-installed Twonky and deleted the entire "C:\Program Files\TwonkyMedia", downloaded the most recent version, re-installed, and I still get the same message.

Version 4.4.5
XP Pro, version 2002, SP3

wchp
AV Hardware:WMP11

Post by wchp » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

Received the following response from Twonky:
"with your license you can install the server on up to 2 devices in your home.
You can install and test the server on a device for 30 days without registration. If you like to use the server beyond the 30 days and you have already registered the server on 2 devices, first uninstall the server on an old device and then register the server on the new device.

If you installed and registered the server on more than 2 devices, please uninstall the server on some devices until the server is only on 2 or less devices and send us a mail.

At present we have three server registrations, so we cancelled all of them, it should work now.

Thanks
The TwonkyMedia Team"

I am not sure how you "unregister" a server lic but apparently you have to email them to have them kill registrations.

UncleDave

Post by UncleDave » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:25 pm

wchp wrote:Received the following response from Twonky:
"with your license you can install the server on up to 2 devices in your home.
You can install and test the server on a device for 30 days without registration. If you like to use the server beyond the 30 days and you have already registered the server on 2 devices, first uninstall the server on an old device and then register the server on the new device.

If you installed and registered the server on more than 2 devices, please uninstall the server on some devices until the server is only on 2 or less devices and send us a mail.

At present we have three server registrations, so we cancelled all of them, it should work now.

Thanks
The TwonkyMedia Team"

I am not sure how you "unregister" a server lic but apparently you have to email them to have them kill registrations.
Thanks for the feedback - I wonder what else it's sending home?