installation instructions?

Everything about the Netgear support, problems, hints...
stevestewart69
AV Hardware:ReadyNAS DUO RND2000, Various Laptops running either XP or Vista and XBOX 360
installation instructions?

Post by stevestewart69 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am

Hi all

Recently purchased a ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 (very much a newcomer to the NAS arena) and I'm hoping that Twonky will serve all my streaming needs (music, photo's and movies) for my XBOX 360 plus a few laptops (XP and Vista).

I'm assuming that the latest build (5.0.68) is the one I need to be picking up a copy of but could anyone please point me in the direction of some installation instructions? As I say I'm new to all this and want to get it right. I've posted a similar question on the ReadyNAS forums but cannot get an answer it seems.

As an aside question.....if I use Twonky for streaming will my wifes iPod Touch be able to access the feed at all? This isn't hugely important but would be an added bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: installation instructions?

Post by PeeBee » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Read through some of the posts in the TMS section as there is a specially-built ReadyNAS version of Twonky.

Also look for posts by Briain.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Re: installation instructions?

Post by Briain » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi

Yes indeed, the post is here and has links to two builds (the one with the standard tree would be most suited to yourself) and also to full instructions.

Bri