Now i am fully confused !!!! Help please.

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
msl_laubo
Now i am fully confused !!!! Help please.

Post by msl_laubo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 am

Hi,

i wil get my Linksys nslu2 tomorrow.
I just want to use it as a files server and want to install twonky for my mp3 files streaming to my noxon iradio.

So, do i have to unslug the thing or not ???????

When not, do i only have to use nassetup from twonky?

Pleas help, because i do not really want to learn linux, so when it works without unslugging, it would be great for me.

Regards,
Martin

andyrich29

Post by andyrich29 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Yes you have to unsling it.

However, seeing as Twonky doesnt seem to be supported anymore on the NSLU2 (not sure if this is all NAS devices) I would test the trial version first before buying.

I bought my NSLU2 and twonky after looking at the hardware/client thread poll. I'm now slightly miffed that despite the Linksys NSLU2 was by far the most popular server hardware, Twonkyvision/Packetmedia have decided to stop supporting it on that platform.

So much for "lifetime" license. Bit of mis-selling I think!

I'm still getting problems with my NSLU2 and MP101's. Streaming to XBOX is fine from the NSLU2 - but the MP101s skip and stop.
Running twonky on the PC is fine to both XBOX and MP101, however the whole point of running on the NSLU2 is so I dont have to keep the PC on all the time!!!!!

wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 pm

Can i just correct the last post. Unslinging is not required, the latest twonky installer will install the the ram in the nslu2. If you speak to the nslu2 community tho they will advise unslinging. I myself use the nslu2 with both the xbox and 360 on an unslung drive. Works perfectly. Unslinging is really easy tho so no worries

msl_laubo

I have done it and it works great.

Post by msl_laubo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 am

I have now unslinged the nslu2 and installed Twonky. Works great and easier than i thought.

My only problem is the spin down of my wd 160GB usb drive.

gan99
AV Hardware:Linksys

Re: Now i am fully confused !!!! Help please.

Post by gan99 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:01 pm

i have an unslinged nsl2u with 5.5beta. I did this ages ago, but now want to install twonkyvision.

The hdd I use has data on it, that I need to keep.

What is the best way of installing twonkyvision? Is it best to use nassetup? or should I be doing it a different way?

any help would be great