Linksys 350N with DD-WRT: Newbie needs direction

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
davidbarrett
AV Hardware:Linksys WRT 350N
Linksys 350N with DD-WRT: Newbie needs direction

Post by davidbarrett » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi, folks. First time poster here. Please, go easy on me. :wink:

I'm somewhat new to Linux, but have played around with an Ubuntu server at home and have flashed my Linksys WRT 350N with DD-WRT v 24SP1 Standard. I've installed Samba, xinetd, and uShare. uShare didn't work at all with my MP3s showing up on Xbox, so I became interested in Twonky.

So, here's the question: Is it possible to install Twonky on DD-WRT? I've tried a few download packages, but none seem to work correctly. I got 'missing symbol lstat64' on the MIPS little endian uclibc (http://twonkyvision.de/Download/4.4.9/t ... 081002.zip). Is it possible to use the NSLU2 one and hack the install script to install it to the places I want once I copy it over manually? Or is there another binary package that will work? Has anyone does this successfully before? I can't seem to find anyone who has, but I also haven't been able to find definitive information that it won't, either. Haha.

Somewhat off-topic, I blogged about my experience getting my router up and running with DD-WRT. http://blog.davidbarrett.net/archive/20 ... -upnp.aspx The last piece I'd like to succeed with (and document for others) is getting Twonky working on it as well. :D

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance.

draconis2941
AV Hardware:wrt350N, PS3

Re: Linksys 350N with DD-WRT: Newbie needs direction

Post by draconis2941 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 pm

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm running a virtually identical setup and have found uShare a bit limited compared to what I'm used to (Tversity). I know transcoding on the router would probably be out of the question due to the limited processing power, but I think something between that and the ultra basic uShare would be within reach.