remote access to twonky 4.9

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
doro
AV Hardware:Twonky 4.9 on NSLU2 (unslung 6.10)
remote access to twonky 4.9

Post by doro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Twonky 4.9 is running quite well since a few months on my NSLU with unslung 6.10
The problem i have is when I connect to it by typing http://*mydyndns*:9010/webbrowse from somewhere in the WWW it really takes about a minute or even longer until the page with musik pictures video appears. Is this normal, or is there a way to speed this a little bit up. After 5 more minutes i am able to click on my song i like to hear and streaming works.
It´s only the Webinterface that needs very long to appear.
My Musik directory has got about 14000 titles in it pictures about 50 and videos about 10.
I use a IPTABLEs firewall on the Nslu but this should not be the reason why it is that slow.
my uploadspeed at home to the internet is about 90 kb/s this should be enough for streaming music to my office.

Anyone an Idea or a workaround

Regards
Doro

So auf deutsch
Twonky 4.9 läuft seit ein paar Monaten im internen Netzwerk sauber schnell und stabil auf der NSLU UNslung 6.10
Mein Problem ist der Zugriff von außerhalb des Netzwerks aus dem WWW auf meine Lieder oder Bilder vom Büro aus
Generell funktioniert der remote zugriff über den extra eingerichteten Port 9010 via dyndns.
Es dauert nur ewig bis sich die Webpage mit music bilder videos aufbaut. und dann bis ich zum Interpret gesprungen bin und dann zum Album und dann zum Lied. Das eigentliche streamen funktioniert dann (nach ungefähr 10 Minuten warten auf das Aufbauen der Seite. Ist das normal?
kann man den Seitenaufbau beschleunigen. Oder woran könnte das liegen.
Im lokalen Netzwerk geht der Zugriff über http://mydyndns:9010/webbrowse super schnell.

Hat irgendjemand Erfahrungen damit oder eienen Tip für mich

Ein dickes Dankeschön schon jetzt
Doro

doro

Re: remote access to twonky 4.9

Post by doro » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 am

great.....28 clicks and not one answer

:!:

SnailUK
AV Hardware:NSLU2 with Twonky 4.0.x
XBOX 360

Post by SnailUK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 am

How quick is your setup, if you just connect from a PC on your home network?

Have you tried without the firewall on your NSLU2?

Have you tried removing the NSLU2 firewall, and setting your router to only allow your works IP address?

doro

Post by doro » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 am

the access to twonky in the homenetwork ist very fast. No matter if it will be connected by using dyndns or the inner ip adress. This is the reason why i think, the firewall is not the problem, because there should not be any difference between connecting port 9010 from the www or connecting to it in the inner homenetwork. Anyway i disabled the iptables and.......the same slow page reproduction like with firewall.
My connection speed to upload data from the nslu to the www is 90kb/s.

My ipadress at work changes every 24 hours. And there is no way on the router administration side to allow specific ip adresses (well there is but this feature is disabled, the router allows every ipadress to specific ports if they are open).

My "work" ipadress is added in twonky client list, when i connect to the server as "generic something" client.
I think it´s a bug in twonky or there is something with my router (d-Link 635). For any reason this router won't accept the firefly server at all.

Have you got any speed problems when you access to twonky on the nslu from a different network ?

And thank's for the interest

SnailUK
AV Hardware:NSLU2 with Twonky 4.0.x
XBOX 360

Post by SnailUK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 am

doro wrote:Have you got any speed problems when you access to twonky on the nslu from a different network ?
Im a newbie to this, so i havn't got as far as accessing Twonky from outside my network.

I've played with the web interface, and while it isn't fast, theres no way it should be causing anything like the problems your getting.

If your internal network performance is decent, but WWW access isn't, that would suggest to me, that theres something curious with the router setup.