Woohoo got a Linksys Media Hub NMH405 coming.

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Woohoo got a Linksys Media Hub NMH405 coming.

Post by mgillespie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 am

On the Amazon Vine program where they send you free stuff to review and keep, usually it's books and DVD's, but this month I bagged a 500GB Linksys Media Hub NMH405 to review and also a Phillips MP4 player.

Let you know what I think of it when I have reviewed it.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Re: Woohoo got a Linksys Media Hub NMH405 coming.

Post by mgillespie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Turned up in the post today, been playing with it this evening.

THe unit arrived with firmware 2.17.14, and it told me there was an update. Before I updated it, I checked in the Twonky web config page, it was running TMS 4.4.9.

I updated to the latest firmware, it's now running 4.4.12.

So far extremely impressed with the unit. The LCD on the front panel is VERY neat, it shows the status of the device, and you can instantiate backups of a desktop PC, to the device with a single frontpanel button press. It gives you pie charts of your diskspace usage and types of media stored.

The best bit, is the flash based management and playback interface. VERY slick and works really well. It's intuitive to use and very speedy. It's clearly manipulating Twonkymedia server through it's RPC interface thou :-)

Makes we want a flash based interface on TMS now thou....

If anyones in the market for a NAS that takes big disks and can do mirroring (this one can handle 2TB mirrored), then this would be a smart choice. Obviously I haven't seen what other vendors are offering, but I can safely say if I had paid the asking price for one of these, I would be pleased with my purchase.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Firmware update out, makes the UI alot more responsive, and comes with Twonkymedia 4.4.19!! (even newer than the last released build here).

Version 4.4.19
Server built date: 2009-08-28

fwa
AV Hardware:NMH405 & Twonkymedia Manager 1.3

Post by fwa » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Before to buy NMH400, i have tested and buy TwonkyManager for my PC.....

Really nice, it work with my Sony KDL-40Z5500.

So, i buy the NMH-405......but real disapointment, with 4.4.19, it does not work.
I could not play same song files (mp3) with it.
The song is well played with 5.1.2, the song could not be played with 4.4.19.

Now....i really hope that Linksys will upgrade this Media Hub, otherwise, i should only use it as a simple NAS at the cost of a media hub.

Francis