New Twonky release on Debian Lenny ARM ?

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
PapaSmurf12
AV Hardware:Linksys NSLU2 with Debian Lenny little ARM Image
PS3 Slim as UPnP Client
New Twonky release on Debian Lenny ARM ?

Post by PapaSmurf12 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi folks,

i am really interested in buying the Twonky Server for home use as UPnP Server for my PS3 slim.
I actually have a NSLU2 with Debian Lenny installed on a disc attached at the first USB Port.

After trying nearly everything to get the newest twonky release to run, I decided to write a topic.

Can anyone tell me how I can let the twonky server in my environment ? I dont want to downgrade to Edge, because I was waiting several years for a new debian release... :-)
Isnt twonky media interested in selling as many licences as possible ?..... But thats another topic.

What I did is to download the actual zip file for linux ARM little endian.
I followed all instructions, permissions and so on, but I still get the message :

Starting /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia ... ./twonkymedia.sh: line 91: /usr/local/twonkymedia/twonkymedia: No such file or directory

Thanks a lot.

PapaSmurf

kahunamike
AV Hardware:HP MV2120 running Debian Lenny
Xbox 360
Xbox running XBMC as dashboard
Tivo HD

Re: New Twonky release on Debian Lenny ARM ?

Post by kahunamike » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Did you ever get this working? I have an HP MV2120 that, I think, is similar to your hardware and also running Debian Lenny.

Thanks,
Mike

AV Hardware:Sheevaplug with TwonkyMedia server

Re: New Twonky release on Debian Lenny ARM ?

Post by 505 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

For anyone looking to install an ARM build of Twonky Media on Debian Lenny (5.0), here some information.
The default build (Linux ARM little endian glibc 2.2.5) does not work on Lenny, because the glibc version is out of date. However, you can use the Kirkwood build. This is an ARM little endian build that does work with newer glibc version.
Get nice thumbnails in Twonky with tw-video-scraper plugin