Indexing files on external USB drive

LinkSys wireless Music Player and LinkSys Media Adapter
zgreigs
AV Hardware:Linksys NMH-405, WDTV, PS3, Dvico TVIX 6640N, Asus WL-500GP + dd-wrt + ushare.
Indexing files on external USB drive

Post by zgreigs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 am

Hi,

I have a Linksys Media Hub NMH-405 which I have hooked up an external USB drive to which contains media files that I would like indexed and shared out.

Running a scan through the Media Hub web-interface only seems to result in the files from the internal 500GB drive being indexed and shared.

If I go to the Twonky server interface and manually add the external drives to the list of paths to be indexed (eg. /devices/mnt/sdf1/NonDVD_Format) and run a rescan from the Twonky server interface, then the files are indexed and shared, but only for a brief period of time. It seems that the Linksys must run its own periodic scan which then ignores my external drive again. This is the same behaviour that I see if I then manually start a rescan from the Media Hub web-interface after running the Twonky server scan.

So, is there any way to disable the Media Hub web-interface scan, or get it to include external drives?

Regards,
zgreigs