Windows specific discussions
mhagedor
AV Hardware:TwonkyServer on Windows XP
2x Philips Streamium
Android
Strategy

Post by mhagedor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello Twonky,

I'm a legacy user starting with TwonkyServer 4 and running v6 now. I missed to visit twonkyforum.com some months (years?) and I'm pretty surprised about latest development.
Do I get now TwonkyServer for free? With same functionality? What’s the current business case of Twonky?

Thanks
Michael

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Strategy

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 pm

We still sell TwonkyServer and TwonkyManager to consumers and license them to corporations. Twonky software is more successful than ever. It's now available for mobile devices and being embedded in everything from routers to set top boxes.

In addition, we make available a version of TwonkyServer that is tied to our myTwonky portal. It is free, but only works if you log-in to the portal. I prefer the old version which doesn't require this, but the choice is yours.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/